Tt Visitors

Lee54

With the TT only two weeks away, what sort of visitor arrivals can we expect. At last weeks NW200 250000 spectators were expected like previous years but numbers released by the police over there say that the event was well down and maybe only 150/175000 spectators turned out, its a big drop will it be the same for the TT.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I expect there will se some here next week, not realising the date has been put back from last year :(

When was it put back? Mad Sunday has always been the first Sunday in June. That's how they work it out.

I expect there will se some here next week, not realising the date has been put back from last year :(

When was it put back? Mad Sunday has always been the first Sunday in June. That's how they work it out.

which is the 7th this year, so practice week starts very end of may, but last year it was the first of june so practice week ended at the very end of may, hence the week difference for all intents.

Actually it's believed that there were only in the region of 20,000-25,000 spectators at the NW200 - I think this estimate came from the police.

The 250,000 is just a number that was plucked out of the air by that pitlane reporter guy on the BBC. I'm pretty sure the organisers never expected that many people at all.

the bank holiday has usually been the monday of practice week, (which I think also clashed with some other race meeting) but the holiday is next week and practice week is the week after

On the one hand you have the credit crunch. Bad for UK bikers.

One the other hand you have the strong Euro. Good for European and Irish bikers.

And taking from both hands - rip off IOM. Bad for everyone.

Cue Manx Gov spin machine

'Bestest TT ever'

'Very busy TT'

'Surpasses all expectations'

And so on.

At the NW200

Program £18-00

Entry to the paddock non race days £6-00

Car parks £6-50/£8-00/£10-00 and £15-00

Park the bike in a garden £5-00 +

Shitty small burger £4-00

Manx2 return to Belfast £169-00

I think most sensible TT type business people should be planning on organising their business/staffing for a smaller/shorter visitor TT this year.

I suspect the bulk of travel will be done and dusted by Tuesday of race week this year. It'll be a good weekend, but not much more this year I think. Too much against it - i.e. credit crunch and Steam Racket prices. I'll put my money on there being only around 23,000 visitors v the usual 30,000 plus.

Bushy's is only open from Wed night in Practice week this year. That's the first definite hint of a bad one predicted IMO.

Archived