Tt Visitors

Lee54

I have my usual German visitors staying with me this year but they have told me that a lot of their friends will be giving it a miss because they are finding it tiresome being ripped off all the time!

Thats absolute bollocks. The euro is so strong at the moment that for anyone over from Europe, even our rip off prices will seem very reasonable. I own an online store and if anything, as my business from the UK has dropped, the business I get from mainland Europe has trebled as they are getting far more for their money than they were this time last year.

I am glad to hear that your online store is fruitful but my German friends tell me a different story. I am sure they count the entire cost of a trip including travel to the Island, only to ripped off from the moment they start the journey on the steampacket.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No actually I am very reasonable, I offer a first class service for £60 per person per night. You get what you pay for you know.

So it was your card in the 'phone box! :o

What do you mean? I don't understand.

:lol::lol::lol: You can't be from these shores mate.

No actually I am very reasonable, I offer a first class service for £60 per person per night. You get what you pay for you know.

What's to not understand...you offer a first class service for £60 per night, that's better value than the male prostitutes in prague!! What do you include for £60?? :D

What's to not understand...you offer a first class service for £60 per night, that's better value than the male prostitutes in prague!! What do you include for £60?? :D

Oh, I see! I guess i still have a lot to learn hey. You have a very disgusting mind Matt, please keep your fantasies to yourself in future!

I have my usual German visitors staying with me this year but they have told me that a lot of their friends will be giving it a miss because they are finding it tiresome being ripped off all the time!

Why how much are you charging them?

No actually I am very reasonable, I offer a first class service for £60 per person per night. You get what you pay for you know. I help out with any questions they may have about our beautiful Island and also help out any potential house buyers. I do advise them by the way NOT to buy on the course although my house is actually on the course. This is a cross I must bear.

You charge what for homestay??? Excuse my French, but FUCK ME - that's pretty much the highest I've heard of. For someone who likes to complain about the TT, you're sure happy enough to profit from it.

£60 per person per night for homestay is a rip off, there is no other term for it, however "first class" your service. I assume you have properly registered your house with the homestay scheme, yes?

HOMESTAY SCHEME GUIDANCE NOTES (PDF)

Code of Conduct

The Department of Tourism & Leisure is dedicated to providing a quality service to all visitors. As part of this commitment to quality it is important that you understand that as a Homestay provider you act as an ambassador for the Isle of Man.

Accommodation and Tariff

Tariffs must be adhered to and must not be changed at a later date. At the time of inspection by the Department of Tourism & Leisure, the tariff will be agreed and entered on your Homestay Agreement and signed by the Homestay provider.

Breakfast must be provided in the property if you are staying on the premises. When registering, you must stipulate whether you will be providing a cooked or continental breakfast.

The Department of Tourism, & Leisure suggests the following rates:

Serviced Accommodation:

• Basic Room: £20 per person per night

• En-suite: £25 per person per night

Self Catering:

• Room: £20 - £25 per person per night

It is an offence under the Tourist Act 1975 if you do not register your home and you are accommodating paying guests.

Guess it depends on the quality of the accommodation. Seems to be a lot of available rooms this year on the tt forums.

Exactly! The standard of accomodation I offer is exceptional and they get to stay in very nice house. Why should I charge the same as somebody whose house is not as good or as spacious as mine? If my guests weren't happy, I'm sure that they would not pay me this.

Guess it depends on the quality of the accommodation. Seems to be a lot of available rooms this year on the tt forums.

Exactly! The standard of accomodation I offer is exceptional and they get to stay in very nice house. Why should I charge the same as somebody whose house is not as good or as spacious as mine? If my guests weren't happy, I'm sure that they would not pay me this.

If you really live in Toad Hall I would pay £60 a night to stay there.

Will Mr Badger & Mole be stopping by for tea?

If you really live in Toad Hall I would pay £60 a night to stay there.

Will Mr Badger & Mole be stopping by for tea?

Thank you. I'm sure that you would enjoy your stay and return the following year. Sadly, badger and mole will not be visiting as they have left the IOM to escape the TT

Let's be honest, (being saying that to the wife for years without success) but you wouldn't travel to an event without checking the dates would you?

Look on the bright side, they've had great weather, and if it pisses down race week, then they won't feel so bad.

...and niether will I because I'm off to sunny Alicante :lol:

Do they put frogs legs in paella these days - hope so.

Fella and his wife playing golf and wife gets stung by a bee. Wife has allergy to bee sting, so husband hot foots back to the club house to call an ambulance. 'Where exactly has she been stung' the operator asks. 'Somewhere between the first and second hole' the husband replies. 'Bloody hell the operator says, 'she must have an awfully wide stance'.

I'll get my coat..............

Fella and his wife playing golf and wife gets stung by a bee. Wife has allergy to bee sting, so husband hot foots back to the club house to call an ambulance. 'Where exactly has she been stung' the operator asks. 'Somewhere between the first and second hole' the husband replies. 'Bloody hell the operator says, 'she must have an awfully wide stance'.

I'll get my coat..............

The old ones are still the best then <_<:rolleyes::ph34r:

Archived