Goodbye Horse Trams?

johnquayleiom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If nothing else they could run it the full length of the prom and link it to the electric trams then.

Eh?

They have always been linked to the Electric trams haven't they?

Both terminate outside the Terminus Tavern.

Depends how far back you are talking.

I usually take the 'nippers' for a horse tram ride a couple of times during the summer hols, £16? .....I don't think so, I'm with you JohnQ but, there again, I've never held DTC in very high esteem, IMHO they are a bunch of self gratifying toss pots.

I usually take the 'nippers' for a horse tram ride a couple of times during the summer hols, £16? .....I don't think so, I'm with you JohnQ but, there again, I've never held DTC in very high esteem, IMHO they are a bunch of self gratifying toss pots.

I am far from a self gratiying toss pot, but on this case i have to agree with all that is being said. The Council would never allow the horses to be taken over by the IOMG for one reason only. The property that comes along with the horses.

Because of the horses, they own 2 stables , plus the suite next to the Terminus.

I have suggested/asked why MNH or the like does not run the trams, the answer i was given is the same from every other councillor I have asked.

Free child travel on the trams I think would be a great start.

Because of the horses, they own 2 stables , plus the suite next to the Terminus.

I have suggested/asked why MNH or the like does not run the trams, the answer i was given is the same from every other councillor I have asked.

This is irrelevant because the general opinion is that they are a waste of money and have been for quite some time. The money it cost to run them could be put to better use on other facilities that people would actually want to use

Sorry John, but I'm not with you on this one. If the corpy own the buildings then they belong to the people. If the Gov't owned the buildings, they would belong to erm................oh yes, the people. I don't really see the difference.

Surely, if MNH took over the running of the trams, they would need the stables in any case.

I suspect that some of the more elderly statesmen at the corpy are resisting change because

1. They are manx and it's what we do.

2. They want to keep their little empires intact.

I'm not suggesting that MNH would run the things any better that PJ and the lads by the way. I live in Ramsey so I'm quite happy for you "butties" to pay for the trams. But, given that the trams are more of a heritagey/touristy type thing, their operations sit better with MNH or (god forbid) DTL.

Free travel on all public transport would be a winner.

Keep an eye out for me on the telly btw, its H-Cup weekend.

This is irrelevant because the general opinion is that they are a waste of money and have been for quite some time. The money it cost to run them could be put to better use on other facilities that people would actually want to use

And do you even pay Douglas rates?? if not, really its non of your business. Sock Puppet

Sorry John, but I'm not with you on this one. If the corpy own the buildings then they belong to the people. If the Gov't owned the buildings, they would belong to erm................oh yes, the people. I don't really see the difference.

Surely, if MNH took over the running of the trams, they would need the stables in any case.

I suspect that some of the more elderly statesmen at the corpy are resisting change because

I'm not suggesting that MNH would run the things any better that PJ and the lads by the way. I live in Ramsey so I'm quite happy for you "butties" to pay for the trams. But, given that the trams are more of a heritagey/touristy type thing, their operations sit better with MNH or (god forbid) DTL.

It is the answer that I am given time and again, though you error if you think the people own what the corpy own, nope the Corpy owns it, not the people as such.

And do you even pay Douglas rates?? if not, really its non of your business. Sock Puppet

It is the answer that I am given time and again, though you error if you think the people own what the corpy own, nope the Corpy owns it, not the people as such.

I don't live in Douglas, but I do own property in Douglas so yes it is my business Mr Faragher

And here is hoping for a Leinster win!

Nahhhhh Leicester !!! (Though i would have rather Quins win...)

8-)

Mr Toad, please look at this.....

Geez! You always have to have the last word. Nobody elses opinions count with you it seems

Yes they do, just not yours...

Nahh I am sorry just one off those days. (just wanted to jump on the Toad band wagon and all)

8-)

Archived