Goodbye Horse Trams?

johnquayleiom

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FFS John, I was being facetious as I am well aware who Piebaps is and that he is a Leicester supporter, and may God grant him forgiveness for thatt error of judgement

Keep an eye out for me on the telly btw, its H-Cup weekend.

And here is hoping for a Leinster win!

Nahhhhh Leicester !!! (Though i would have rather Quins win...)

8-)

Replying to a post from a couple of pages ago...

The corporation are not fit to own those buildings, we went to the so called Tram Museum, what a waste of great things. In a dark and dusty cabinet there are some interesting pictures of the 'Glory days' of the horse trams, there are several styles of old tram, the double decker tram its quite great but, the place is totally filthy, there were cat litter trays (complete with animal feces), three inches of dust and poor (if any) lights. Not at all what it could be. It's a little treasure sadly let to ruin, didn't anyone notice?

The stables, iirc there is a proper blacksmiths set up in there and its a really interesting place, marketed? no. Probably let to ruin like everything else....the fading blue of Douglas 2000

The stables, iirc there is a proper blacksmiths set up in there and its a really interesting place, marketed? no. Probably let to ruin like everything else....the fading blue of Douglas 2000

There certainly is, complete with fitting room.

stables007r.th.jpg

FFS John, I was being facetious as I am well aware who Piebaps is and that he is a Leicester supporter, and may God grant him forgiveness for thatt error of judgement
Keep an eye out for me on the telly btw, its H-Cup weekend.

And here is hoping for a Leinster win!

Nahhhhh Leicester !!! (Though i would have rather Quins win...)

8-)

wowwwwwwwwwww east Tiger's..lol

Replying to a post from a couple of pages ago...

The corporation are not fit to own those buildings, we went to the so called Tram Museum, what a waste of great things. In a dark and dusty cabinet there are some interesting pictures of the 'Glory days' of the horse trams, there are several styles of old tram, the double decker tram its quite great but, the place is totally filthy, there were cat litter trays (complete with animal feces), three inches of dust and poor (if any) lights. Not at all what it could be. It's a little treasure sadly let to ruin, didn't anyone notice?

Bee's I agree, and yes it has been noticed and there have been/ will be more attempts to rectify the issue.

In Douglas yesterday and thought I might take a trip on the horse tram. Went down to the prom, the tram going along was empty and I had just missed it at the tram stop. I wondered how much it cost to board the tram. No notice of cost at tram stop or on the side of the tram. People like to know how much this sort of thing is going to cost them for a trip before they go. Years ago it was only £1.50 for a ticket that lasted all day, hop on and off when you liked. A couple of years ago I think I paid £2.00 for a one way trip! That's what the man on the tram at the time told me. Anyone know this year's cost? Is it the cost that's putting people off from using the Horse Tram? Surely it would be better to fill a tram with customers on a cheaper ticket than to have an empty tram trotting up and down because of a costlier ticket.

PS. I have an OAP bus pass, why cannot we use it on the horse trams?

The Post Office are just as bad, the old Post Office by the tram stables would make a smashing little post office museum but ofc no-one is interested in stamps or post office things are they?....

Jeebus, I did not even know it was an old post office, it is all run down.

The suggestion of a gift shop was put forward last year, but as always its all about the benjamins etc etc

• 2 weeks later...

I have just been for a ride on the horse trams with my three young children; I was charged £5 for an all day ticket which I think is excellent value.

The staff on the trams were lovely and very helpful.

I also took the children for a walk round the stables near the terminus once again the staff were lovely and very good with the children.

I would highly recommend you give them a try and hope they are still here for a long time to come

After doing some shopping today I was waiting to pull out on to the prom in my car and witnessed a horse tram driver whipping the horse on its backside to get it going after it had stopped to pick up passengers. Is there any need for that? I think the Corpy needs their tram staff to have some training in dealing with these animals. And for the next two weeks (TT) they should be removed from the Prom. I hope Mr Christian of the Corpy reads this and takes note. But I daresay he will do nothing about it. Unless he gets good publicity on Manx Radio he takes no interest.

I hope Mr Christian of the Corpy reads this and takes note. But I daresay he will do nothing about it. Unless he gets good publicity on Manx Radio he takes no interest.

Christian has been flogging the same old horse for years ... I doubt he'd notice.

After doing some shopping today I was waiting to pull out on to the prom in my car and witnessed a horse tram driver whipping the horse on its backside to get it going after it had stopped to pick up passengers. Is there any need for that? I think the Corpy needs their tram staff to have some training in dealing with these animals. And for the next two weeks (TT) they should be removed from the Prom. I hope Mr Christian of the Corpy reads this and takes note. But I daresay he will do nothing about it. Unless he gets good publicity on Manx Radio he takes no interest.

Thats terrible,animal cruelty,i always feel so sorry for them and wonder why animal rights hav'nt jumped on this band wagon.

There certainly is, complete with fitting room.

stables007r.th.jpg

Gawd, that brings back memories.

Archived