Fun Fair

thelegend

The funfair is a crock of shite, it's nothing more than a stinking, sticky, roudy, rancid, odour filled sprawling metropolis, with the sole purpose of ripping off anyone who's foolish enough to wander through ......... i don't think many will miss it's absence from the T.T.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outside of the racing I actually think that is a pretty good description of most of what goes on around the TT.

The funfair is a crock of shite, it's nothing more than a stinking, sticky, roudy, rancid, odour filled sprawling metropolis, with the sole purpose of ripping off anyone who's foolish enough to wander through ......... i don't think many will miss it's absence from the T.T.

Not my favourite place and you are right about the chavs but I would have kept it unless they had something better to replace it with. At least it provided light, sound and colour to the prom and helped make the place seem alive.

What will we replace it, probably nothing or just more burger vans and the place will still be still full of chavs, stink of drink and piss as that is where they will still congregate fair or no fair. Anybody remember the state of the prom when they had the TT street parties and the fair was not about.

Have to agree with the general "good riddance" sentiments re the fair....ever since it moved to the prom it has been an eyesore and chav magnet of the highest order....

Well im surprised at the response, too negative.Here is another qeustion: what do you and your kids do in the summer holidays on the island.

Not spend all our time down at the fair being ripped off and having to listen to most of the teenagers telling there mates who s*agged who the night before. Also when these fair operators place an ad in the newspaper advertising half price rides, when you attempt to pay for these rides they have either taken away the price cards so you do not know the original price or they say "I am not part of that promotion".

Port St Mary beach when the tide is in - fantastic place. Why don`t you try packing a picnic buy a couple of wetsuits (they are cheap enough to buy now) for the kids and enjoy the beach. You don`t need blistering sunshine to enjoy the beach (but it is nice) plus the kids don`t feel the cold as much with the wetsuits. You would probably spend more at the sh*tty fair in one afternoon than the cost of a couple wetsuits.Plus you have got them for the following year. Sometimes people just need to scratch there heads and use there imagination !!!!! :cool:

Well im surprised at the response, too negative.Here is another qeustion: what do you and your kids do in the summer holidays on the island.

Avoid getting ripped off by pikey fair owners.

Most things brought to the Island are a rip off but we just moan about it and then finally except it,its part of the joys of living on an island,i for one will miss the fair not because i would have gone but because i know not everyone is into this whole TT thing,it would be nice to have options and choices but yet again thats another option and choice taken away,mainly from the kids.Over the years entertainment for the younger generation has dwindled but they always had the fair at TT week to look forward to,no wonder they feel pissed off and shafted,i too feel a little pissed off for them.

Most things brought to the Island are a rip off but we just moan about it and then finally except it,its part of the joys of living on an island,i for one will miss the fair not because i would have gone but because i know not everyone is into this whole TT thing,it would be nice to have options and choices but yet again thats another option and choice taken away,mainly from the kids.Over the years entertainment for the younger generation has dwindled but they always had the fair at TT week to look forward to,no wonder they feel pissed off and shafted,i too feel a little pissed off for them.

They did`nt always have the fair! :ermm:

They did`nt always have the fair! :ermm:

This true but we didnt always have a Tesco's,Boots,M&S or insde toilets but we really wouldnt want to be without them now.

I have just read that the fun fair wont be here in the summer because of lack of places to locate it,what a load of b..lox.

I know many people hate the fair ,so you dont go,its a perfectly good opportunity to have it here for locals and tourists.

The tourist board or who ever it is need slaping..hard.

There is nothing stopping the fair owners from bringing it over. Trouble is in Government has previously supported it and provided a venue and assistance - which has cost the tax payer. There have been reported problems of certain operators shagging teenage girls over here so it probably best that the Government has decided not to support the fair so that they stay away.

I wish the Government would provide an official response i to why they can no longer support it.

I think very little revenue would have filtered back to the Manx economy anyway, i would imagine they fill up with diesel before they get on the boat and i would very much doubt that they buy any condoms when they come over here. Although granted, the previous venue was close to Boots so it is a possibility. :lol:

There have been reported problems of certain operators shagging teenage girls over here so it probably best that the Government has decided not to support the fair so that they stay away.

Are you kidding? Were the teenagers underage or something

There have been reported problems of certain operators shagging teenage girls over here so it probably best that the Government has decided not to support the fair so that they stay away.

Are you kidding? Were the teenagers underage or something

On reaching puberty they were considered 'fair game.' (allegedly)

Nobles park gets ruined when they use it for the car park at TT anyway so their excuse over the grass is bull. It seems like over the past couple of years they have been gradually killing it off... I personally think it's a disgrace that our Dept. of tourism couldn't come up with one site for the fair. Fucking idiots.

Archived