Costco Wholesale Visits Isle Of Man

John

Just had a visit form a representative of Costco, seems they are having a join costco night tonight in the Hilton from 7.30.

I have been to a Costo before and they are great value if you are a member, although we dont have one on the Island.. maybe they are looking to open here??

I was a Costco member once upon-a-time. Horrible souless place. There was random bankrupt stock, bulk-buy generic American food, cheap American design clothing made in China, and they checked everyone's bags for shop-lifted items on the way out! I suppose the powers that be will do their very best to make sure we get one though.

I was a Costco member once upon-a-time. Horrible souless place. There was a random midget, bulk-buy generic American food, drinks made in China, and they chucked you out your seat! I suppose the powers that be will do their very best to make sure we get one though.
-- corrected

Sorry its Costco, not Costa Coffee..lol

I used to be a member of the Liverpool Costco - great place for cheap stuff such as car tyres, computers, glasses, cds, dvds, wine, beer.

My brother-in-law was the manager of a kwik-fit shop and used to go to costco for tyres for his own car because they could fit tyres cheaper than he could get them through work.

Isn't this only useful for people with their own retail businesses?

I'm not too well up on exactly what they do.

You do see people with their own businesses (e.g. newsagents, corner shops) shopping there but, if you are a member of a 'qualifying organisation' e.g. Police, NHS, Local Authorities, certain big companies (e.g. Marconi when I worked there), you could become a member. It used to be about £20 a year. I saved that much buying one tyre for my car.

I forgot to add above they also sell electrical equipment, white goods, musical instruments, office supplies, furniture, fresh meat (good stuff as well), frozen food ....

Just had a visit form a representative of Costco, seems they are having a join costco night tonight in the Hilton from 7.30.

I have been to a Costo before and they are great value if you are a member, although we dont have one on the Island.. maybe they are looking to open here??

So what did the rep say when you asked? You did ask the rep didnt you?

Archived