Costco Wholesale Visits Isle Of Man

John

To clarify - the stuff on sale in CostCo is pretty much the same stuff you'd buy in any other shop but cheaper.

The food is usually in big catering packs or multi-buy bundles backs but all the normal 'big' names, heinz, kelloggs, etc. along with their own brand 'Kingsland'

The electrical equipment and computers are exactly the same as you'd see in any other shops, but cheaper.

The tyres are the same brands that you'd see in any tyre fitters' but cheaper.

The CDs and DVDs and Books are the same as you'd see in any other shop, but cheaper.

They have their own optical centre that makes glasses, just like Specsavers or Boots, but cheaper.

The wines, beers and spirits that you see in there are usually the same that you would see in any other shops, but cheaper

When my kids were young we saved an absolute fortune on disposable nappies (so sue me) by buying the big economy size boxes from CostCo.

I would love to see one open here but the island isn't big enough to support one, I fear.

Long story cut short - A 'representative' from Costco came into my dads woodflooring shop yesterday asking if he could put a poster up in the shop window. My dad asked if they sold wood flooring and the representative said they did. My dad told him to leave his shop and the representative started to square up to him.

Sound like they employ some idiots.

Just had a visit form a representative of Costco, seems they are having a join costco night tonight in the Hilton from 7.30.

I have been to a Costo before and they are great value if you are a member, although we dont have one on the Island.. maybe they are looking to open here??

So what did the rep say when you asked? You did ask the rep didnt you?

Nope, he just dropped some small poster in, I was on the dog and bone at the time.

Long story cut short - A 'representative' from Costco came into my dads woodflooring shop yesterday asking if he could put a poster up in the shop window. My dad asked if they sold wood flooring and the representative said they did. My dad told him to leave his shop and the representative started to square up to him.

What an idiot, maybe just maybe he will go to Costa for a coffee.

No, merely someone who has no wish to see empty and dilapidated shopping centres.

You should probably avoid Douglas then. And Ramsey.

Not for long,some one has got so peeved seing all the empty shops in Ramsey that they have started bulldozing opposite Dean Woods,personally i would have started at one end or the other but not in the middle :lol:

Just had a visit form a representative of Costco, seems they are having a join costco night tonight in the Hilton from 7.30.

I have been to a Costo before and they are great value if you are a member, although we dont have one on the Island.. maybe they are looking to open here??

So what did the rep say when you asked? You did ask the rep didnt you?

Nope, he just dropped some small poster in, I was on the dog and bone at the time.

What an idiot, maybe just maybe he will go to Costa for a coffee.

Please not another thread discussing "HIM".

Archived