Onchan School Uniform

John

I'm assuming there is some sort of back story to this? As:

Parents of pupils at Onchan Primary School are being told there are no plans to change the uniform there.

Isn't exactly the most enthralling news story I've heard all day...

My question on this subject is;

What have Onchan Commisioners (Brian Stowell) got to do with Department of Education uniform policy?

LT

if its the same brian stowell, his wife who is also a teacher at jo richardsons (onchan school head) previous school, is good pals with her.

god knows how this made the press??

dont think anyone is disputing that, dont know how this made the press though... is it stowell trying to increase his profile??

In his defence (and that should surprise a few people who've experienced Brian and I "discussing our opposing points of view"), MR probably picked it up from the minutes of the Commissioner's meeting and approached him as Chairman.

There have been some letters of complaint written by parents at the school, enough for the school to release a letter to all parents explaining the situation. I guess someone thought that a school changing it's logo and requiring parents to replace the school uniforms of their kids in the middle of an economic crisis was a story.

I agree, not much of one for most people outside of Onchan though.

Expect to hear a lot more over the coming year from Mr Stowell. Now that he is chairman of ODC he will be spouting off at every opportunity. He was on manx radio this morning bemoaning the lack of café facilities at Onchan park. He is Onchans equivalent of the “leader” of Douglas council. They both like to hear the sound of their own voices.

Expect to hear a lot more over the coming year from Mr Stowell. Now that he is chairman of ODC he will be spouting off at every opportunity. He was on manx radio this morning bemoaning the lack of café facilities at Onchan park. He is Onchans equivalent of the “leader” of Douglas council. They both like to hear the sound of their own voices.

In the last few days, he been on Manx Radio News at least three times: Onchan School Uniform, Planning Battle at Ridgeway Road and Onchan Park. I hope his actions speak louder than he talks.

In the last few days, he been on Manx Radio News at least three times: Onchan School Uniform, Planning Battle at Ridgeway Road and Onchan Park. I hope his actions speak louder than he talks.

I very much doubt it .

Archived