[BBC News] New Manx fastcraft vessel sails

Newsbot

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wifey and daughter went out on her to Liverpool this morning.

Seemingly the sea was quite choppy and a few green faces around the cabin. :( :(

About half way through the sailing, they deployed the stabilisers and things smoother from there on !

As far as I understand it, the shore based staff at the Steam Packet haven't even been allowed to look around her yet (and they are not too chuffed about it either). Parties for the 'well-to-do', but not a peep for the staff.

Angry faces off the port bow.

The PR for this vessel has been pretty poor. It seems to have comprised of -

1. allowing local journalists with their cameras to have a wander around, resulting in pictures of seating areas with temporary plastic covers half ripped off being published;

2. arranging for an interview by the pompous John Moss of MR with CEO, Mark Woodward, in which it was difficult at times to hear either of them, (some might say that this was a positive!);

3. using the SP fan Alex Brindley, formerly an employee of the SP, and still providing voice overs to them, doing a brief promotional piece on the first commercial sailing.

If it is the "star" of the SP fleet, I would have thought that a more professional job could have been done.

Not very successful though, it arrived in Liverpool and passengers had to wait 20 minutes as the doors wouldn't open due to a faul, so off it limped home with it's tail between its legs and let the Snaefell take over for the afternoon sailing

I was waiting to get on and it was pretty funny watching the staff scratching their heads, oh and health n safety would have had a field day if they were there.

As someone else has mentioned it amazing how the official IOMSPC website has been quiet with news about Manannan, even Mr Woodward seems to have lost interest in communicating since the 8th May?

Disappointing that it had problems on the first official journey to Liverpool, but then again it is a new craft to the fleet and except for a few test sailings to Liverpool and Ireland that is all it has had, so lets give it a chance at least.

It does sicken me anyone who has anything to debate on the Manxfourms that a few don't agree with the first attack is you are not from the Island are that you are geeks, can't you accept others have opinions as well!

What happened to the promised open day for this magnificent new vessel? Did I miss it?

I think the executive club had a preview but the hoi polloi havn't yet (as far as I have heard)

Jenny from the Irish Sea Mailing list took this during the preview.... I hope its of intrest to you......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGaPYsVYuPU

Terran

PS Re the comments on speed..... you dont max your car out full time really do you unless you want things to break etc

Not very successful though, it arrived in Liverpool and passengers had to wait 20 minutes as the doors wouldn't open due to a faul, so off it limped home with it's tail between its legs and let the Snaefell take over for the afternoon sailing

Sorry to soothe your bitter tone but Snaefell was always scheduled for the afternoon sailing.

Sorry to soothe your bitter tone but Snaefell was always scheduled for the afternoon sailing.

do read the whole thread :lol:

A bit late old chap I already apologised for that mistake on page 1 of this threat, you realy should read more carefully.

What happened to the promised open day for this magnificent new vessel? Did I miss it?

I think the executive club had a preview but the hoi polloi havn't yet (as far as I have heard)

Jenny from the Irish Sea Mailing list took this during the preview.... I hope its of intrest to you......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGaPYsVYuPU

Well thanks for that. Most interesting. But surely they could have provided members of the "executive club" with a drink or something. Didn't see one person in that video holding so much as a cup of coffee, let alone a glass of champagne. Not even a prawn sandwich in view. For something so widely trumpeted in advance it all seems very low key when the thing actually arrives. Does look quite nice though. But I suppose the proof is in the pudding ( "only £9.95 from our onboard cafeteria")

As someone else has mentioned it amazing how the official IOMSPC website has been quiet with news about Manannan, even Mr Woodward seems to have lost interest in communicating since the 8th May?

Disappointing that it had problems on the first official journey to Liverpool, but then again it is a new craft to the fleet and except for a few test sailings to Liverpool and Ireland that is all it has had, so lets give it a chance at least.

It does sicken me anyone who has anything to debate on the Manxfourms that a few don't agree with the first attack is you are not from the Island are that you are geeks, can't you accept others have opinions as well!

Oh dear boo hoo.

Are you from the island? Just out of interest by the way.

Archived