Just A Quick Rant

Keith brief

To those brave occupants of the the blue Honda CRV hurling abuse to an old boy on his bicycle at Four Crosses yesterday afternoon; you must be very proud of yourselves for both the variety of foul language you are able to use and the sheer courage that it takes for four of you to take on a man in his early eighties from the security of your vehicle.

Rats in Burberry and tracksuits - the beacon of society.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did you say anything about it at the time or did you do nothing and then wait until you could post it anonymously on the internet?

Unlike you (obviously), I'm unable to run 30 yards towards a vehicle crossing an island and then accelerating away at some 40 mph.

I look forward to watching you two in the next Olympics in both the 100m, 1000m and the Puerile-Unconstructive-with-nothing-really-to-say Event.

Hey now. I'm not very nice but, even I think shouting sweary abuse at the elderly is horrid behaviour (unless they are queuing outside of Woolies for the next Harry Potter book at stupid o'clock in the morning). Sometimes people read these forums, you know? & sometimes people want the people who read them to know what irks them. I do not have a CRV but I bet the mum who lent her kid hers yesterday feels 'The shame" if she reads this thread.

To those brave occupants of the the blue Honda CRV hurling abuse to an old boy on his bicycle at Four Crosses yesterday afternoon; you must be very proud of yourselves for both the variety of foul language you are able to use and the sheer courage that it takes for four of you to take on a man in his early eighties from the security of your vehicle.

Fortunately, incidents like this are very rare in the Isle of Man! :D

Here's another rant - can the 8 nob heads I spotted on their phones whilst driving this morning please take a trip to Tesco and buy one of their £10 bluetooth headsets.

Oh and can the police start actually enforcing this law please?

That is all.

I personally think that you are right to be angry about this Keith. I was brought up to show my elders respect and unfortunately there seems to be a lack of common decency and manners in the IOM and UK.

Here's another rant - can the 8 nob heads I spotted on their phones whilst driving this morning please take a trip to Tesco and buy one of their £10 bluetooth headsets.

That is all.

The police need to enforce many laws,but i must admit that the amount of people i see on their phone while driving is pretty bad,i was amazed to watch some guy in a land rover reverse park into a

space on the prom last week,he didnt even move his hand from the phone,sheer arrogance!!!

How was your long weekend Toad?Hope the weather was nice for you.

That is all.

Presumably you've reported them?

That is all.

The police need to enforce many laws,but i must admit that the amount of people i see on their phone while driving is pretty bad,i was amazed to watch some guy in a land rover reverse park into a

space on the prom last week,he didnt even move his hand from the phone,sheer arrogance!!!

How was your long weekend Toad?Hope the weather was nice for you.

It is a £1000 fine, yet this does not seem to put these people off. Guess these guys must have more money than sense. Yes thank you Roo I have a very enjoyable and relaxing time. I am now looking forward to my next vacation in St Lucia.

It is a £1000 fine, yet this does not seem to put these people off. Guess these guys must have more money than sense. Yes thank you Roo I have a very enjoyable and relaxing time.

The police can't be catching many people I'd suppose. You can have a £10,000 fine, but if nobody is caught it doesn't matter.

Archived