Major Roadworks In Capital

Terse

The payments are narra there as it is.

All these DoT schemes are absolute balls - clearly thought up purely on the basis that this is the main delay faced by DoT workers looking to get home.

They should be making the pavements bigger, making cars slower to encourage people out of them.

If they just banned right turns into Ridgeway Street the problem would be eliminated with no expensive widening needed.

I can foresee no other problems arising from this course of action.

Me for head honcho at the DoT

the only problem with that is they made Victoria Street down only, Athol Street south only, Hope street goes into a mish-mash of halt signs and directions, no right turn at Brown Bobby, the place needs a total re-think, not this piecemeal bodgit and leggit treatment

The payments are narra there as it is.

All these DoT schemes are absolute balls - clearly thought up purely on the basis that this is the main delay faced by DoT workers looking to get home.

They should be making the pavements bigger, making cars slower to encourage people out of them.

And giving you more room to cycle on them no doubt

the only problem with that is they made Victoria Street down only, Athol Street south only, Hope street goes into a mish-mash of halt signs and directions, no right turn at Brown Bobby, the place needs a total re-think, not this piecemeal bodgit and leggit treatment

That kind of thinking would not be welcome when I take over the DoT

If they just banned right turns into Ridgeway Street the problem would be eliminated with no expensive widening needed.

I can foresee no other problems arising from this course of action.

Me for head honcho at the DoT

I'm all for turning station hill the other way (uphill) and athol street also (toward prospect hill) then traffic can come into Douglas that way or the bridge depending on where you intend to go to upper Douglas or the Prom <_<

cough cough me for Head Honcho @ DoT :P

Pfft. My one way system would reverse the direction in Athol Street and Vidtoria Street, keep Ridgeway Street as it is and make Bucks Road/Prospect Hill one way (downhill).

Traffic would be allowed to go in neither direction on the prom and the road through M+S would be reinstated

I think that MOTs should be introduced. The islands roads are too congested and if this was introduced- lots of vehicles that are not road worthy would have to be scrapped

and people would just buy new ones. Nob.

Archived