Sky + Xbox

Slim

I see sky and MS have announced that sky tv is coming to the 360. One of the more interesting features of this is the TV's integration with your friends list. The example shown was that you could see when your friends are watching a football match, join their party and watch the match together, using the xbox headsets to talk. Pretty nifty.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That could be absolute win. How will the subscription work though? Will you have to have a separate one for your Xbox or can you multiroom one from an existing box?

That could be absolute win. How will the subscription work though? Will you have to have a separate one for your Xbox or can you multiroom one from an existing box?

That's the crucial question. This is potentially a way to get cheaps multiroom isn't it? A 360 in the kids room without the extra tenner you have to pay sky normally.

I can do this already with sky player, the kids can watch most of my sky sub on the laptop upstairs, but not all of it. Not sure why, but some stuff like mtv wants paying for, when I have it on my sky sub.

I can do this already with sky player, the kids can watch most of my sky sub on the laptop upstairs, but not all of it. Not sure why, but some stuff like mtv wants paying for, when I have it on my sky sub.

Just checked, it's because I don't have multiroom, so they have that covered. So add a tenner a month to your sky sub, and you can watch the same shit on your pc and soon on your 360.

Am I right in thinking that is only for the live content and that I will be able to download shows, movies etc using my existing sub?

If so the bedroom may be getting a second 360

Unconfirmed, but it's based on sky player, so will probably be the same. Sky player requires a multiroom sub for some stuff and not for others. It's also got some bollocks about being locked down to one computer, which is a pain in the chuff too.

I use my parents multiroom card at my home... they have the full package! so only costs me £10.00 :) lol

I thought they could trace that because the multiroom systems both have to have a constant telephone connection to check they are at the same address? I know when we have unplugged one of ours it was flagged up at sky and they called asked why after a few days. If you don't have a good explanation we would (or in your case your parents) get billed for 2 full packages.

We have HD plus two Sky + on multiroom and have had so for two years. Never a peep out of Sky and I've told them they are not connected to any phone lines (one doesn't get used much and the card forgot what box it belonged to so I had to confess). But in theory they should be on me like a rash to pay full subs for each.

Slack?

• 3 months later...

Archived