[BBC News] Injured man charged with burglary

Newsbot

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just waiting for LDV to come along and tell us how the burglar is a victim of society and should be given tea, sympathy and compensation. And that burglary isn't actually a crime because property ownership is, by definition, theft.

I'm just waiting for LDV to come along and tell us how the burglar is a victim of society and should be given tea, sympathy and compensation. And that burglary isn't actually a crime because property ownership is, by definition, theft.

Don't be silly, this is a crime. Property ownership should be done away with, but there is a difference between personal property and one's possessions. Both are victim's of the society we live in. Why do people steal in the first place?

Usually because they are lazy bastards who can't be bothered working or junkies.

Hmm, well I wouldn't call it laziness though there is a lack of motivation, it is too negative a term. But then by extension it has to be asked why people do not have the desire to go to work. Suffice to say I very much think that real problems and crimes such as burglary are just actions by bad people but very much result from the inequality and the way society is structured.

Burglary isn't just entering with intent to steal - either way he got a good trouncing.

I agree. Its nice to see a burgular get a damn good kicking for his troubles.

I also agree, urban justice.

Actually, thinking about what Gladys was saying, how do we know whether was there to steal or not?

Don't be silly, this is a crime. Property ownership should be done away with, but there is a difference between personal property and one's possessions. Both are victim's of the society we live in. Why do people steal in the first place?

so if no one should be allowed to own property, who's going to maintain or build anything??

Archived