Dog Ban

allrightyessa

I also as Slim may also advocate, the banning of those silly extendable leads that are almost cotton thin on the prom, when you on your bike or skating etc. you cant see them and either end up dragging Sheila and her dog 30 meters down the prom or if your skating on your face !! lol

Bloody lethal those things! Owner on one side of the prom, dog on the other, and you've got a moving tripwire!

I met one last night and a group of ignorants that feel they can take up the whole prom and stand there when you approach playing chicken with you... smash.. 16 stone plus bike at 10 MPH.. You loose...

:rolleyes:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I offered you two examples one from as you say 75 years ago and one from 2006, I cannot see how old or recent the cases are bares any relevance. I would guess that every case is not documented on the internet

It is a fact that children are blinded every year from contact with dog faeces.

It is a fact that dogs aren't banned in the parks in onchan. Is it a fact that onchan kids suffer blindness through contact with dog shit?

These parasites are only present in a dog that's not been wormed. I'd guess that a dog that's not regularly wormed is owned by an irrisponsible dog owner, who's not going to lift the shit anyway. These are the people that need to be sorted, not responsible dog owners.

Like I said, onchan's an interesting contrast, dogs allowed in parks, no huge dogshit problem, no blind kids.

The back lanes/paths are fucking awful though, really needs sorting, there's dogshit everywhere there, because people get away with it without being spotted.

Problem is they do get away with it, The Bye laws officers can't be everywhere at once and there will and always have been irresponsible owners, for example I see a young lad most evenings walking 3 race hounds down the back lane, he always keeps them on a lead and scoops, take into account he is only about 12, then i see Mr Adult with his big ******* (add breed later) with the dog off the lead , 40 meters ahead off him, doing a large one round by the garages and by the time he walks there its never noticed by him.

the byelaw officers are quite happy to receive concise information about offenders. description of dog and owner with a location and approximate time is all that is needed to be passed on to N Cringle or A Jones at douglas town hall. 20 minutes of i'm fed up with XYZ repeated numerous times down the phone gets a bit loathsome, just the details. there is a good chance you won't even see said dog and can't be arsed owner again. there is also a good chance they just move else where to not be arsed too. but they will be caught up with and educated/informed and will either comply or get their wallets raped.

I also as Slim may also advocate, the banning of those silly extendable leads that are almost cotton thin on the prom, when you on your bike or skating etc. you cant see them and either end up dragging Sheila and her dog 30 meters down the prom or if your skating on your face !! lol

Bloody lethal those things! Owner on one side of the prom, dog on the other, and you've got a moving tripwire!

:devil: I almost want a dog....

Irresponsible dog owners anger me. I always tell the person if I see that they are not cleaning up after their animal. I have two dogs and I always clean after them. It appears that the actions of some people have prevented the rest of the responsible dog owners from accessing the beach at certain hours.

A 75 year old case? You're seriously offering me that as an example?

Roo, if you think you must throw shoes out rather than clean them, it's not me who's ignorant.

Not ignorant,just didnt want to throw up or catch anything doing such a dirty job while i was pregnant,its one thing cleaning up after your own children but a different story when it comes to animal faeces,which by the way can be linked to stillbirths,you dont tend to hear much about those these days but a friend of mine sadly lost her baby in this way in 2006 along with 7 other babies in this year alone on the island,pretty bad hey!Its not in the local papers but it happens.

Roo, if you think you must throw shoes out rather than clean them, it's not me who's ignorant.

Not ignorant,just didnt want to throw up or catch anything doing such a dirty job while i was pregnant,its one thing cleaning up after your own children but a different story when it comes to animal faeces,which by the way can be linked to stillbirths,you dont tend to hear much about those these days but a friend of mine sadly lost her baby in this way in 2006 along with 7 other babies in this year alone on the island,pretty bad hey!Its not in the local papers but it happens.

Well thinking about it, the much maligned poor old mutt is generally harmless, shit and all. I'm getting on a bit now, have lived with dogs all my life, my kids too were brought up with dogs. None of us have ever suffered anything as a result of close contact with a dog. One thing is for sure however we've all gained from experiencing life with a fellow creature like a dog, who are very special companions, pity the likes of you can't see it.

To be honest I understand that you love your kids/baby that's the way things should be but on the other hand I recognize that if your kids ever had close contact with a dog (shock horror!!) the result would only be beneficial to them.

Day to day contact with a dog provides deep insight, for those that want to see it, into the important things in life - love, loyalty etc. I'm not unconcerned about kids in general but really couldn't give damn about your self obsessed safety paranoia. Most of the places from where people like you want dogs removed are used by dogs all year, not the occasional nice day you take your spoiled brats there. Even should your brats share it on the odd day you get there beach/park etc., they'd come to no harm, they may even gain from the experience.

Dogs are good, other people's dogs are good. Other people's kids are irritating little shits.

Harsh maybe? But generally true, you love your kids, the rest of us find them irritating, far more so than a mutt.

Well thinking about it, the much maligned poor old mutt is generally harmless, shit and all. I'm getting on a bit now, have lived with dogs all my life, my kids too were brought up with dogs. None of us have ever suffered anything as a result of close contact with a dog. One thing is for sure however we've all gained from experiencing life with a fellow creature like a dog, who are very special companions, pity the likes of you can't see it.

To be honest I understand that you love your kids/baby that's the way things should be but on the other hand I recognize that if your kids ever had close contact with a dog (shock horror!!) the result would only be beneficial to them.

Day to day contact with a dog provides deep insight, for those that want to see it, into the important things in life - love, loyalty etc. I'm not unconcerned about kids in general but really couldn't give damn about your self obsessed safety paranoia. Most of the places from where people like you want dogs removed are used by dogs all year, not the occasional nice day you take your spoiled brats there. Even should your brats share it on the odd day you get there beach/park etc., they'd come to no harm, they may even gain from the experience.

Dogs are good, other people's dogs are good. Other people's kids are irritating little shits.

Harsh maybe? But generally true, you love your kids, the rest of us find them irritating, far more so than a mutt.

Sincere apology for the double posting, not sure how it came about. My dotage? Possibly.

My kids are not spoilt brats they are loving and kind and can use a toilet unlike your scraggy annoying shit machine of a dog - bet you are one of them old guys that drives around the Island at 28mph in an austin metro pissed up!

Roo, it's definitely unpleasant, but if you dunk em and wash your hands well afterwards you'll be fine. The world is full of animals, and those animals shit. We don't want to encourage it and people definitely should pick up after their dog, but the odd bit here and there isn't going to kill you. Are you one of those dettox loonies that expects everything to be sterile?

I met one last night and a group of ignorants that feel they can take up the whole prom and stand there when you approach playing chicken with you... smash.. 16 stone plus bike at 10 MPH.. You loose...

I had some guy angrily tell me to use the cycle lane on the prom last night. It was covered in about 50 teenagers jumping off the wall, and the rest of it had people, rightly, walking along enjoying the prom. You get bleated at being on the road, bleated at on the walkway...

Roo, it's definitely unpleasant, but if you dunk em and wash your hands well afterwards you'll be fine. The world is full of animals, and those animals shit. We don't want to encourage it and people definitely should pick up after their dog, but the odd bit here and there isn't going to kill you. Are you one of those dettox loonies that expects everything to be sterile?

I had some guy angrily tell me to use the cycle lane on the prom last night. It was covered in about 50 teenagers jumping off the wall, and the rest of it had people, rightly, walking along enjoying the prom. You get bleated at being on the road, bleated at on the walkway...

Every time I use the cycle lane there is some tit walking in it - I have now fitted the old mountain bike with rolling death spikes a bit like in Gladiator

Archived