Breaking The Law At The Tt

Lee54

There was me thinking it was safer down south away from the course...

This is another reason why people are starting to turn against the TT - selfish fuckers like this guy. As others have said he could have hurt/killed someone else just because he wanted to "sort out a few problems that we have had with the bike".

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if the report is correct then isn't an automatic penalty for driving without insurance a ban - should do wonders for his licence but I doubt will have any effect on other speed merchants - wasn't quite clear where it happened, though I presume on the S100 course which some sections I think are 50mph limits (but not my usual haunts so might be wrong here) if so 120mph in these sections should qualify him for dangerous driving - I presume he notified the police re a RTI ?

if the report is correct then isn't an automatic penalty for driving without insurance a ban - should do wonders for his licence but I doubt will have any effect on other speed merchants - wasn't quite clear where it happened, though I presume on the S100 course which some sections I think are 50mph limits (but not my usual haunts so might be wrong here) if so 120mph in these sections should qualify him for dangerous driving - I presume he notified the police re a RTI ?

As the billown circuit Is nowhere near Port Erin, other than being "down South" I think your presumtions are best kept to yourself.

He should be prosecuted however there could be something getting in the way of this, a little old matter of evidence.

A news report is far from the standard of evidence which would be required. If there were no witnesses and the mess was cleared up before the rozzers were aware of the incident then I don't see how an uncorroborated news report could be accepted by a Court.

If he was uninsured and riding a racing bike on a public road in a careless fashion then he should be dealt with appropriately, but only if there is some evidence other than a press report.

This pretty much sums up the reasons why I do not like the TT. If the riders themselves behave like complete idiots, they are only going to be copied by the mindless people who think it is good fun to copy them. I personally think that if the story is true, then this Dunlop guy should be disqualified from racing for the rest of the fortnight.

This pretty much sums up the reasons why I do not like the TT. If the riders themselves behave like complete idiots, they are only going to be copied by the mindless people who think it is good fun to copy them. I personally think that if the story is true, then this Dunlop guy should be disqualified from racing for the rest of the fortnight.

Can’t really see the relationship between committing an offence (if there has an offence been committed) on the public highway and banning someone from a sporting activity on a closed circuit. For that is exactly what the tt is once the roads have been closed to the public. Would you for example, ban a snooker player from a tournament at the villa because he was speeding along the prom?

If the (alleged) offence is serious enough to warrant it, then the courts have the option to exclude such a person from the Island. But given that in this case, evidence is anecdotal then I think you would be hard pushed to get a result.

That some spectators choose to ride like clowns is a matter for the police and perhaps if we had a police force that actually were able to enforce the law without an outcry from the ‘bleeding heart brigade’ (oh you can’t put a speed camera there, it infringes my human rights) then the loons from here and across might actually slow down a bit.

Note that is not to say that all spectators ride like clowns, or that riding / driving quickly necessarily makes you a loon!

That some spectators choose to ride like clowns is a matter for the police and perhaps if we had a police force that actually were able to enforce the law without an outcry from the ‘bleeding heart brigade’ (oh you can’t put a speed camera there, it infringes my human rights) then the loons from here and across might actually slow down a bit.

well as it was on a back road i dowt a speed camera would have stopped it, and what u expect to have coppers driveing along these roads all the time.

well as it was on a back road i dowt a speed camera would have stopped it, and what u expect to have coppers driveing along these roads all the time.

I am not saying a speed camera would have stopped it - what I meant was that to stop the loons imitating their 'heros', then we need more effective policing. Obviously they can't be everywhere all the time.

Can’t really see the relationship between committing an offence (if there has an offence been committed) on the public highway and banning someone from a sporting activity on a closed circuit. For that is exactly what the tt is once the roads have been closed to the public. Would you for example, ban a snooker player from a tournament at the villa because he was speeding along the prom?

If the (alleged) offence is serious enough to warrant it, then the courts have the option to exclude such a person from the Island. But given that in this case, evidence is anecdotal then I think you would be hard pushed to get a result.

Note that is not to say that all spectators ride like clowns, or that riding / driving quickly necessarily makes you a loon!

It would serve as a deterrent for other racers who may think about using our roads as a race track during times when the roads are open to the public

He should be prosecuted however there could be something getting in the way of this, a little old matter of evidence.

He could be talking shit, bigging it up. Snapping your bike in half with no leathers at 120 is far more macho than snapping it doing 30 stupidly falling off up a country lane.

A lot of the Race bikes in the TT are "road legal" and as such are taxed/insured etc. They simply bolt on a number plate to the rear of the bike and off they go. Nothing wrong with that.

Not on a 250 honda they don't, there is full testing available at Jurby, the police have said they will clamp down and so they should. No tax, insurance ,lights, indicators, horn, restricted steering,slick tyres, ithink he is going to see Mr Moyle very soon !

PS And i am a bike fan :(

Just to add a little point here, a bike in the I.O.M. can have no lights and still be taxed and road legal, it just has an addition on the log book stating "For daylight use only"

It would serve as a deterrent for other racers who may think about using our roads as a race track during times when the roads are open to the public

So now you want to discriminate against one section of society? Interesting.

Oh no, I have to say that is what I was thinking Slim, IF he had been doing 120mph into a stone wall, he would be dead - simple. I thought he was bigging himself up too, what d'y bet he was doing 30-40 and made a 'girl' error, maybe he swapped hands to fix his hair (ofc I did not do this on a moped, that would be really stupid....and result in me being upside down in a hedge, grass in me visor, the lot....)

Archived