Breaking The Law At The Tt

Lee54

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it was a Race bike, it wouldn't have a speedo fitted, so how do we end up with 120 mph.

If a guees is now being used as fact then i'll try that if i get pulled for speeding.

If what is reported is correct then you only have to think about what the consequence would have been if some innocent bystander had been killed.

The TT organisers would be stupid and irresponsible if they took no action to prevent this type of incident happening in the future.

Mr Moyle would rip them to bits in any inquest.

As one writer has already suggested this is the type of publicity the TT could do without.

Oh no, I have to say that is what I was thinking Slim

Damn, I need to spend more time at twat school! Sebrof, you free for another session?

Thought you'd spent too much time there already. But I'm always ready to help out a mate.

S

This pretty much sums up the reasons why I do not like the TT.

I note it doesn't stop you from supporting it by taking in paying (through the nose) guests for the event. Hypocrite.

I think it is only fair that I make a little money from something that causes me a great deal of inconvenience.

This pretty much sums up the reasons why I do not like the TT.

I note it doesn't stop you from supporting it by taking in paying (through the nose) guests for the event. Hypocrite.

I think it is only fair that I make a little money from something that causes me a great deal of inconvenience.

Ah, the old 'Mel Brooks' defense.

He should be prosecuted however there could be something getting in the way of this, a little old matter of evidence.

A news report is far from the standard of evidence which would be required. If there were no witnesses and the mess was cleared up before the rozzers were aware of the incident then I don't see how an uncorroborated news report could be accepted by a Court.

If he was uninsured and riding a racing bike on a public road in a careless fashion then he should be dealt with appropriately, but only if there is some evidence other than a press report.

his own words and a damaged wall that we have to pay for.

ive met the guy briefly seemed ok to me.

These are apparently his own words and even if they were actually his own words, you can't be convicted on the basis of admission only. There has to be some evidence. A damaged wall could have been damaged at any time by anything (bike, 4x4, sheep, southerner cavorting with sheep etc etc) IYSWIM

I think Slim hit the nail on the head with his earlier post. Part of the story is embellished bollox :D

A lot of the Race bikes in the TT are "road legal" and as such are taxed/insured etc. They simply bolt on a number plate to the rear of the bike and off they go. Nothing wrong with that.

Lee54, jumping to conclusions before knowing the whole story? Who'd have thought?

Wrong again Slim

William Dunlop was on a pure racing 250cc Honda, no lights, indicators, road tax or insurance. He was testing the bike on a public road (against the law and TT race regulations), From the race regs Riders are not permited to use their race bikes on public roads unless the are road registered, taxed and insured. Any rider found to be using a machine not registered for the road will be disqualified from the meeting. Mr Dunlop was out in practice last night.

ACU insurance will cover a rider if he is returning to the paddock during or after practice.

A lot of the Race bikes in the TT are "road legal" and as such are taxed/insured etc. They simply bolt on a number plate to the rear of the bike and off they go. Nothing wrong with that.

Bikes used for racing are not insured, check any insurance policy.

I'd like to see a source for your claims other than some article from a website please because if it's untrue, you're opening yourself up a nice big can of worms.

Archived