Breaking The Law At The Tt

Lee54

I'd like to see a source for your claims other than some article from a website please because if it's untrue, you're opening yourself up a nice big can of worms.

Its been on the News all day Manx Radio, 3 FM and also on here http://www.manxradiott.com/

Ive also seen his injuries

What a competitor can and cant do are here http://www.acu.org.uk/News/2008/12/TT-2009...nd-Entry-Forms/

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Considering they no longer race 250cc bikes in the TT what has it got to do with the TT? I guess it was a bike connected to the Pre TT Classic races, which is a different race meeting.

I'm not condoning his actions if they are true, but it probably won't affect his TT entry

Considering they no longer race 250cc bikes in the TT what has it got to do with the TT? I guess it was a bike connected to the Pre TT Classic races, which is a different race meeting.

I'm not condoning his actions if they are true, but it probably won't affect his TT entry

They do the 125cc and 250cc down south the Saturday after senior race day which is covered under the banner of TT.

I have a rider staying at mine.He is under the impression that Jurby is not being used this year for the riders to scrub in tyres,pads etc.Something to do with it now being under different ownership....

Its been on the News all day Manx Radio, 3 FM and also on here

I'm talking specifically about your claim that he had no insurance.

We've had 'words' with you in your previous incarnations about your propensity for posting up unsubstantiated accusations with flagrant disregard for the future of this forum and your own personal responsibility all in the name of drama. Just stop will you.

Bikes used for racing are not insured, check any insurance policy.

Wrong. I've had Production bikes insured for the road, to use on the road for private use. If you're actually racing it, no, you're not insured. William Dunlop wasn't racing, he was "testing".

And wrong again, you can get insurance for a bike that Races, ask any Underwriter, expensive though.

The TT isn't a race anyway, it's a Timetrial :P

I have a rider staying at mine.He is under the impression that Jurby is not being used this year for the riders to scrub in tyres,pads etc.Something to do with it now being under different ownership....

i think it's the same 'owners', but there are now tennants??

He could be talking shit, bigging it up. Snapping your bike in half with no leathers at 120 is far more macho than snapping it doing 30 stupidly falling off up a country lane.

Must admit that my first thought was along these lines. I'm inclined to agree that if you hit a stone wall at that speed with/without protective clothing you're probably a statistic. You could be incredibly lucky by just 'bouncing off' with a few scrapes of course, but I think bullshitting the speed up by a huge margin is far more likely.

wasn't quite clear where it happened, though I presume on the S100 course which some sections I think are 50mph limits (but not my usual haunts so might be wrong here) if so 120mph in these sections should qualify him for dangerous driving

Doubt it would be there, but the southern circuit includes 30/40/50mph and derestrricted sections) so if it had been there it could be speeding or not, depending where he was. Doubt it though.

surely by now someone would have photo'd the site crash - a 120mph collision with a bike should do some damage - or was it as many have suggested a face saving 'romantic' tale to explain that he dropped it at a much lower speed with the bit about reaching 5th gear just another bit of embellishment ?

Archived