Breaking The Law At The Tt

Lee54

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A man crashes his motor bike - in the Isle of Man!

Wow!

Whatever next?

Next will be - "man crashes motorbike and dies". Followed by "another man crashes motorbike and dies". Followed by "is the TT too dangerous?"

only for those that died?

What's more interesting is that within the past 14 days a Manx resident has been heavily penalised for crashing his car into a roadside ditch. The car was road legal, taxed and insured, but he was done for failing to report, leaving the scene and due care.

Obviously we wouldn't want to suggest that there's one law for residents and another one for well-known TT personalities, but Mr Dunlop appears to have done all those things on a race bike without the benefit of tax, insurance, lights, audible means of approach etc.

I await the outcome of his interview with the busies...

the 'wee windy' bit of the sloc road climbing up from cross 4 roads is 30mph limit - once you get past this I wouldn't really describe it as winding - it certainly is fast in sections except the road surface is bad apart from the fine smooth bit near round table - I use that road frequently, if he was doing 120 in the 'Port Erin' section he was extremely lucky that he didn't hit a pothole , above this a sheltering sheep.

Archived