New Dtl Initiative To Bring Thousands Of Visitors - Extreme Sports? Motorsport? Eco Tourism?

slinkydevil

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why's everyone being so negative? It's am idea that can be explored, surely?

Sure, but I don't understand why the DTL dropped the support for the Jazz festival which also brought over tourists and then they come up with 'A choir festival'. I would have thought they'd have dropped the Jazz festival because it's a selective audience, the same with choirs I'd imagine.

I'm all for exploring options but explore it first. Star Trek conventions might have the 'potential to bring thousands of visitors', it might not.

I'd like to see a literary festival, but lets face it - none of these things are going to work when it costs so much to get here. And then you have to add the cost of hotels.....

I'm negative for the reasons I've said, that he's a singer so he's pushing his own interest here, and that there's a music festival already that's struggling to get support, so where's the case for a new one?

Explore the idea by promoting the guild wider perhaps, but a new festival? Na.

They stopped supporting the event for carnival groups (Majorette week) years ago which I do believe was the world championships.

it was very popular for those involved locally and all the troupes that came over, and as a lad... some good eye candy on the prom each night!

I'm sure this event has more supporters than any of the other named festivals in this thread

They stopped supporting the event for carnival groups (Majorette week) years ago which I do believe was the world championships.

it was very popular for those involved locally and all the troupes that came over, and as a lad... some good eye candy on the prom each night!

I'm sure this event has more supporters than any of the other named festivals in this thread

Cor yes, I remember that!

arr the good old days..lol

You haven't looked at the back issues. Twat...carry on

How far back? 2008, choirs, all manx:

http://www.manxmusicfestival.org/class_ins...2008/2008-04-26

oh soz like god like :P . Didn't know we were only talking about choirs, thought we were talking about the Guild as an event - on the whole like, not, just one miserable class.

Pierrot Lunaire Posted Yesterday, 01:59 PM

Maybe thebees is confusing the Guild with the Eisteddfod?

Yeah course coz I really am that stupid.

bring on the dog walkers.....

Hey dont forget Hockey week, I used to be the lucky Digger driver that performed the endless task of pushing the piles of seaweed off the beach and back in to the water and many a time have witnessed many female hockey players going for a early morning dip/swim before training on the beach,

Archived