Yellow Light Of Death

alph3

Is this the true death for my PS3? Any of the tech heads on here managed to fix this issue yet? The PS3 is well out of warrenty, and I do not fancy giving Sony £145 for a refurbed one that may just break down too (the one that has just kicked it was a refurb).

Failing a fix, does anyone know how to get the data off the drive? - me being stupid hadn't backed up. Actually it is just the save games I need. The rest can be redownloaded at some point.

Apologies if this is the wrong sub-forum. I searched and searched but couldn't find any info.

Thanks.

Signed up to Continuous Play on the Sunday after the PS3 started acting up so am covered for a replacement. The thing then failed completely on Monday. I was looking to get it started up long enough to grab my save files of the disk, that was all.

Thanks anyways Chapperlin.

I wonder if there's some sort of internal error log in the ps3 that would make them aware of the fact that a machine has broken before someone signs up?

Seems a bit too easy but if it works, great.

Dunno Cret, never really thought about it to be honest. I've sent it off to a private firm to fix this time anyways as I need the HDD data retained. But reading some of the posts on the playstation forums alot of people seem to be signing up when their PS3 breaks and getting the replacement without any problems.

Archived