New Measures To Improve Traffic Flow During Isle Of Man Tt

Stavros

I was pleased to see this article until I got to the bit where it said:

A series of new contingency measures have been brought in to improve traffic flow when roads are closed, including new signs advising drivers to take alternative routes.

Link to iomtoday.co.im

I'll be sure to look out for the new signs and take an alternative route when it's bloody obvious!

I'll be sure to look out for the new signs and take an alternative route when it's bloody obvious!

I love the advise the Police give on 'Taking alternative routes home'.

Do you think if I took a trials bike and rode through peoples gardens and over parked cars I could claim that I was only taking their advice and had found myself a great alternative route home that cut out all the blockages.

yes, you do wonder what alternative route they mean?? i remember when leigh terrace was getting done and the 'alternate route' line was dished out, the only viable route was through QB with all the other traffic!!! if you are going through douglas to onchan or ramsey or the other way, ALL routes take you along the prom, end of. and it is a snails pace goat fuck, just like the access road. the costly bypass option at governors would help a lot, but it is the 'only 2 weeks' a year argument that keeps it boxed up ( along with the credit crunch now ). also the muted underpass near the grandstand would be nice and help alleviate the access road too.

I'm so glad I am not working this tt fortnight, mainly because of the traffic bullshit that will no doubt ensue in central Douglas as usual. And because it would be despicably hot at work.

I read the comments on the iomtoday link and someone is whinging (as usual) that a 15 minutes delay is not a big deal and what's the big fuss etc.

That's fine as long as your house isn't on fire, or you urgently need an ambulance etc.

They balls up the traffic around the lord street area so badly every tt that an emergency service vehicle would quite often not be able to get through for quite a while - ie a car that can't move can't move out of the way. Even when they do they'd have bother getting far.

I love the advise the Police give on 'Taking alternative routes home'.

Do you think if I took a trials bike and rode through peoples gardens and over parked cars I could claim that I was only taking their advice and had found myself a great alternative route home that cut out all the blockages.

I'd love to attend the Court hearing though.

Archived