[BBC News] Restrictions over petrol storage

Newsbot

the fuel tank on my car holds 80 litres!!! i must be breaking the law storing all that fuel in it!!!! what a load of BOLLOX.

id dont include that, its allowed

so one purpose built fuel storage tank is allowed, and another isn't?? typical, though SB's above remark sheds a lot of light...

• 4 weeks later...

just to drag this back up. there are plenty of places selling jerry cans, and even those 5 litre plastic things. i have never seen any literature about storing petrol permits when you actually buy one!! and is it just 'petrol'?? what about diesel? and even avgas, the stuff many mix with petrol to get octane rating up a bit like the old 5 star??. and does that mean you can't have 2 plastic ones?? one with 2 stroke in for your strimmer and one with straight petrol for the mower?? also my sit on lawnmower takes over 10 litres to fill it?? so i need a permnit to be able to fill my jerry can to get the petrol home??? what a load of bollox. what would the ruling be if i had an actual fuel tank from a vehicle, and used it stand alone to store fuel in?? it would still be by design a vehicle fuel tank, so ok then?? more SHITE legislation that isn't enforced. i would summise it was bought in to prevent folks with storage capabillity buying a few thousand gallons of petrol just before the budget to dodge the future duty?

I am pretty sure I informed you that this restriction was on the transportation of fuel on the boat, and not a restriction on what you can store at your home.

I am pretty sure I informed you that this restriction was on the transportation of fuel on the boat, and not a restriction on what you can store at your home.

links to leaflets!! Rant back ON..... any more incorrect information for me bob???? looks like a phone call to the circus is in order.

Archived