Villa Gardens

Slim

Noticed the stage is up, looks very nice.

Also noticed the sound stage is up, and looks to be the largest and most obstructive oversized sound man tent I've ever seen, slap bang in the middle.

Anyone tell me why these need to be right there and not further back, or up on the balcony out of the way?

Hey just thought I'd pop in to mention my band Fighting Fiction are playing as support to U2UK and Route66 at the Villa Marina Gardens on the Friday the 5th and Monday 8th of June. If anyone on here is going it would be great to see you so come up and introduce yourselves.

If you fancy a bit of Billy Bragg influenced Indie punk then that'd be us.

you can listen at www.myspace.com/fightingfiction

cheers

Jake.

Hey just thought I'd pop in to mention my band Fighting Fiction are playing as support to U2UK and Route66 at the Villa Marina Gardens on the Friday the 5th and Monday 8th of June. If anyone on here is going it would be great to see you so come up and introduce yourselves.

cheers

Jake.

Jake I'm off to see U2 UK on Friday. Look forward to hearing your set - good luck.

As regards the stage set up etc let's see how it works before passing premature judgement

As regards the stage set up etc let's see how it works before passing premature judgement

I'm sure it'll be grand, and I'm not passing judgement. I just wonder why the sound tent has to be so large and obstructive when there's a balcony just behind.

Not sure about the size (somewhere for the tabbard brigade to hang out?). But the sound booth needs to be on front of the stage so they hear the music as heard by the crowd. You don't want the sound optimised for above & behind the band.

Not sure about the size (somewhere for the tabbard brigade to hang out?). But the sound booth needs to be on front of the stage so they hear the music as heard by the crowd. You don't want the sound optimised for above & behind the band.

That makes sense, but couldn't they stick a lil tower and a microphone there instead?

cheers

Jake.

Jake I'm off to see U2 UK on Friday. Look forward to hearing your set - good luck.

cheers very much, hope to talk to you afterward.

Noticed the stage is up, looks very nice.

Also noticed the sound stage is up, and looks to be the largest and most obstructive oversized sound man tent I've ever seen, slap bang in the middle.

Anyone tell me why these need to be right there and not further back, or up on the balcony out of the way?

Saw the answer for myself last night, they've got lighting guys on the top deck.

Do you think the sound stage did ok there Slim? I liked it as I'm quite pregnant and I didn't want to get too close to the action. It separated the gardens out nicely I thought.

Would have been a pain if it was fuller, but was just right as far as I could tell. Pretty much all the crowd was in front of it. Thought it was very well set up, beer was fast (though expensive), lots of bogs, good sound, all fine. Got right close too, was top.

Archived