Reckless Biker

bluenose 52

Police looking for a biker on a red harley seen riding against the oneway system on the mountain.

Would you bloody believe it, there's always one. :(

Police are stepping up their hunt for a reckless biker whose been seen speeding on the Mountain Road against the one-way system, on a red Harley Davidson machine.

They fear it's only a matter of time before someone gets killed because of his 'stupidity'.

Inspector Richard Power wants the public to help track him down, and needs his registration number as soon as possible:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Police looking for a biker on a red harley seen riding against the oneway system on the mountain.

Would you bloody believe it, there's always one. :(

Police are stepping up their hunt for a reckless biker whose been seen speeding on the Mountain Road against the one-way system, on a red Harley Davidson machine.

They fear it's only a matter of time before someone gets killed because of his 'stupidity'.

Inspector Richard Power wants the public to help track him down, and needs his registration number as soon as possible:

The consequences of his/her actions don't even bare thinking about. Idiot. :angry:

that believe road regulations apply only to those in 4 wheels - yes.

see previous thread that raised crossing double white lines - at least one response was 'why not' before it pointed out that this was illegal.

see previous thread that raised crossing double white lines - at least one response was 'why not' before it pointed out that this was illegal.

Know what you mean, the mind boggles.

I dread to think though of the consequences of this lunatics actions. I certainly hope they catch him before the inevitable happens. :(

before I'm labelled anti-bike I would point out I have a full m/c licence (tho gained some decades ago) and used to ride a CB72 bought from my brother who wrecked both its steering and his own by driving into a lorry! - these were quite potent bikes for their day.

and used to ride a CB72 bought from my brother who wrecked both its steering and his own by driving into a lorry! - these were quite potent bikes for their day.

~And then out came the CB77 - the 305cc Honda. Just imagine the days when a bike of just over 300cc was seen as the ultimate and most desirable bike you could own.

the CB72 was 250cc twin carb - wouldn't tick over below 4000 rpm ! - probably capable of over 100mph though thanks to an unbalanced repair of front forks I didn't feel too safe much above 90mph as it 'wobbled' (uk derestricted roads then were like Island roads with no upper limit) - the CB72 brakes however were very very good - I later briefly drove my brothers's old BSA 650 whose brakes were extremely poor (it was also much much too heavy for me).

From memory the comment in that thread that you're referring to was from Gavsta where he actually said that he doesn't ever cross double white lines, and you seemed to misread / misinterpet it.

I've just re-read the thread and all I can see is the following (sorry not sure how to quote it properly here)

QUOTE (Gavsta @ May 26 2009, 05:13 PM) *

or cross any double white lines,

the funniest thing I've read so far on this thread

Gavsta's full comment basically said that you shouldn't cross double white lines and you replied with the bit in bold above, which to be honest is a bit of a bizarre reply - I looked at the rest of the thread and I can't see anyone saying that it's ok to cross double-white lines. If I've missed it then please could you kindly point the bit you're referring to me as I can't see it.

Archived