Reckless Biker

bluenose 52

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yesterday, I was going left onto Alexander Drive by the Church (I think its Selborne Road) when a bike shot over the crossing, he was very lucky. I've been most cautious at junctions since, if I'd been going right....

Same difference. You're from SA, a country which is basically wracked with crime, disorder and the highest murder rate in the world, yet you think after spending 5 minutes here that you're ideally positioned to whinge at us as if we're a nation of naughty children.

There always seems a peculiar dichotomy in your statements - one minute you're moaning about visitors being ripped off, the next minute you're crowing about charging them £60 a night. You come from the crime-ridden arsehole of the planet, yet minor traffic infractions are suddenly the most important thing in the world.

I've just re-read the thread and all I can see is the following (sorry not sure how to quote it properly here)

QUOTE (Gavsta @ May 26 2009, 05:13 PM) *

or cross any double white lines,

the funniest thing I've read so far on this thread

Gavsta's full comment basically said that you shouldn't cross double white lines and you replied with the bit in bold above, which to be honest is a bit of a bizarre reply - I looked at the rest of the thread and I can't see anyone saying that it's ok to cross double-white lines. If I've missed it then please could you kindly point the bit you're referring to me as I can't see it.

please add [implied] sarcasm flag - I meant that all too often some bikers ignore such restrictions -

I went for a ride over the mountain at the weekend and I can tell you now, there's not just one idiot riding against the one way traffic, there's bloody hundreds of them... ;)

I don't know if it's a case of bravado and showing off "cos we know the roads" by some of the local riders but I've seen some really shocking riding by Manx reg riders over the past few days.

I don't know if it's a case of bravado and showing off "cos we know the roads" by some of the local riders but I've seen some really shocking riding by Manx reg riders over the past few days.

I'll agree with you on that, most of the overtakes and heartstopping displays of stupidity i've seen are Local reg bikes but dont forget it was not that long ago that cloning manx bikes was popular by the invading idiots.

Police looking for a biker on a red harley seen riding against the oneway system on the mountain.

Would you bloody believe it, there's always one. :(

I would. Anyone who chooses to buy a Harley is clearly retarded.

Anyone who makes such a ridiculous comment is not exactly bright!

Yes, it would be so much better if we could have knifepoint muggings, stabbings, carjackings and murder like they have in Johannesburg.

I am not from Johannesburg.

It's very odd. Read a piece in the Times some weeks ago from J Clarkson (and I am no fan of his) who spent some time in Johannesburg. There he said he encountered no crime and it seemed a normal international city but was regaled with stories from the locals about how lawlesss it was (which was totally at odds of his impression of the place). He wrote that they seemed to take a perverse pleasure in perpetuating this image of it being a hotbed of knifings' carjackings and shootings.

Anyway I've not been there so I can only take his word for it. Alternatively I suppose I could ally myself with "The Bastard" on this issue. Don't much care either way.

It's very odd. Read a piece in the Times some weeks ago from J Clarkson (and I am no fan of his) who spent some time in Johannesburg. There he said he encountered no crime and it seemed a normal international city but was regaled with stories from the locals about how lawlesss it was (which was totally at odds of his impression of the place). He wrote that they seemed to take a perverse pleasure in perpetuating this image of it being a hotbed of knifings' carjackings and shootings.

Anyway I've not been there so I can only take his word for it. Alternatively I suppose I could ally myself with "The Bastard" on this issue. Don't much care either way.

Sixth highest murder rate in the world, so it's not all ex-pats with an axe to grind.

Archived