Adulterer Jailed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/543...eports-her.html

Firstly I think the husband is a bastard for grassing her. But it is absolutely disgusting how this is an arrestable offence. Dubai may want to attract lots of visitors and is western leaning in many aspects of its culture, but clearly in many respects its legal system is just as barbaric and unjust as in many other muslim states.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Firstly I think the husband is a bastard for grassing her. But it is absolutely disgusting how this is an arrestable offence. Dubai may want to attract lots of visitors and is western leaning in many aspects of its culture, but clearly in many respects its legal system is just as barbaric and unjust as in many other muslim states.

I don't think the husband is a bastard, I mean after all he must have been pretty well pissed off at her spending a few nights with this other bloke, but in saying that a do agree with you on their legal system.

are you a spy?

Yes, actually. But that's beside the point

Just as every shop in town has a bike in it's window this week, so every thread on the forum needs one. About 90% are covered, I'm just filling in the rest.

Royal Enfield 750 Interceptor

I'm sorry but the husband is not a bastard for reporting her. Adultery is wrong regardless of whether it is committed by a man or woman and this awful woman did not feel any remorse or guilt about her husband when she jetted off to Dubai so its a case of she got what she deserved.

I'm sorry but the husband is not a bastard for reporting her. Adultery is wrong regardless of whether it is committed by a man or woman and this awful woman did not feel any remorse or guilt about her husband when she jetted off to Dubai so its a case of she got what she deserved.

The fact that adultery is wrong and that she behaves like a bitch have nothing to do with it. Firstly, he exploited the unenlightened and backward law of a nation whose legal system simply to find a way of punishing her. That is pretty scummy. Secondly, the state has absolutely no business interfering with what are the private relationships of people. If I chose to cheat on a boyfriend or someone I knew chose to cheat on her husband then that should in no way be anything that the government should be privvy to or be involved in or punish.

And adultery isn't a "scummy" way to behave? This is why the UK is in such a state of decline because there aren't any moral standards and people think that it is okay to commit adultery. When I took my marriage vows I made them for life.

Adultery is 'scummy' and unfair and it doesn't make any difference whether you are married or not. I do not disagree, but it has nothing to do with it. Here we are taking about the role of the state in people's private lives to regulate their behaviour and punish them.

I don't know about the UK being in a moral state of decline. They are certainly lots of problems but I don't think that morals are the issue, although certainly and for good reason a lot of morals have disappeared. Suppose you would have to be more specific.

The fact that adultery is wrong and that she behaves like a bitch have nothing to do with it. Firstly, he exploited the unenlightened and backward law of a nation whose legal system simply to find a way of punishing her. That is pretty scummy. Secondly, the state has absolutely no business interfering with what are the private relationships of people. If I chose to cheat on a boyfriend or someone I knew chose to cheat on her husband then that should in no way be anything that the government should be privvy to or be involved in or punish.

LDV makes you glad you live in the UK hey...

LDV makes you glad you live in the UK hey...

Fortunate.

I mean I know that these awful muslim states have these laws and worse but I think it is easier to ignore them when sentences are being passed down to the local population.

Not much different from the British drug smuggler in Laos discussed in another thread - she must have known the laws and chose to ignore them. The fact that she was only caught because her understandably riled husband reported her upon discovering her infidelity is neither here nor there.

As an expat myself it annoys me that many expats are happy to take the upsides of life in their host country but don't have respect for the local culture and customs. Although as an EU citizen I'm effectively entitled to live here under current rules, I still see it as a privilege rather than some God-given right.

As an expat myself it annoys me that many expats are happy to take the upsides of life in their host country but don't have respect for the local culture and customs. Although as an EU citizen I'm effectively entitled to live here under current rules, I still see it as a privilege rather than some God-given right.

I am totally with you on that one Pragmatopian. I lived for the majority of my childhood in a staunch Roman Catholic / Arabic country. There were some absolutely lovely upsides of living there, but there were also a lot of customs that had to be observed.

Simple things like covering your shoulders when you entered church. You would surprised how many people thought that it was beneath them to follow such customs. The other one that springs to mind is that if we were in the Arabic quarter, you wouldn't eat in the street during Ramadan.

I am a great believer that if you are a visitor to a country with different customs to those you are used to, you have to respect and adhere to those customs.

Archived