[BBC News] Visiting biker is killed in crash

Newsbot

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this moronic decision has contributed to this fatality, unfortunately those at the top making the decisions are usually exempt from prosecution somehow.

Hang on. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying I have seen loads of near misses already with the sweepers. I have had one myself, Gazza said he had a close call too. Bad driving is endemic and at this time of year we all drive too fast but the decision to have fleets of these things on the road was wrong in my opinion. But what do I know.

this moronic decision has contributed to this fatality, unfortunately those at the top making the decisions are usually exempt from prosecution somehow.

Hang on. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying I have seen loads of near misses already with the sweepers. I have had one myself, Gazza said he had a close call too. Bad driving is endemic and at this time of year we all drive too fast but the decision to have fleets of these things on the road was wrong in my opinion. But what do I know.

I don't....want to know why?.....Just in case my wife along with my 7 month old son are in our car driving in the opposite direction. Nuff said.

You seem to know very little. For your and everyone else's sake please do not drive too fast this week or any other. Enjoy the TT

bad driveing is all year round,not just tt week

fleets of them, hmm im sure if i can remember thay only have bout 8-10 of them, and there out all year round,

not just TT week.

and intill the full report is out u cant really say it was the fault of the sweeper, cause im sure i heard he hit it head on as well, (could be hear say so dont listern to me)

i feel more sorry for the sweeper driver to be honest, hes done nowt wrong, just doing his job and if hes the type to blame himself he have to live with it for the rest of his life

Presumably it is right that they try to keep the course itself as free from detritus as possible. Other roads can do without being swept for a couple of weeks.

S

Yes. I believe the course has indeed been extended to Andreas this year.

Which is why I said: "Other roads can do without being swept for a couple of weeks."

S

I think that the cyclists should be keeping to routes away from the TT course for the duration of the fortnight. It is asking from trouble

The weekly cycling at Jurby, which would have normally taken place on Wednesday night, is postponed during the TT.

Archived