Standard Of Reporting

Confirmed

What else is there to say...

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Bikers-take...fter.5336006.jp

Bikers taken to hospital after crash

A BIKER and his woman pillion passenger were admitted to Noble's Hospital following an accident at the Cooil roundabout in Castletown Road, Douglas, at 7am today (Thursday).

The Honda motorcycle was in collision with a Laguna, which was driven by a Douglas man. He was uninjured.

The injuries sustained by the motorcycle couple, from St Helens, are not life threatening.

Sergeant Andy Kneen asked that witnesses to the crash contact him or another police officer on 631212.

He thanked motorists for their patients while caught up in the congestion caused while the incident was being sorted. Traffic at the scene was delayed for up to an hour.

Ahh, it's obviously been amended quickly because it now reads:

He thanked motorists caught up in the congestion caused while the incident was being cleared for their patience. Traffic at the scene was delayed for up to an hour.

This post has been edited by Confirmed: Today, 03:33 PM

Not just them that make mistakes and go back to edit them then eh?

Give them a break will you? I'll be willing to bet someone made a typo and the spellchecker fixed it to that and they didn't notice. Is it really so much of a big deal that you needed to post a thread about it?

Honestly, the amount of bitching and moaning about spelling over the last week or so is depressing.

This post has been edited by Confirmed: Today, 03:33 PM

Not just them that make mistakes and go back to edit them then eh?

Give them a break will you? I'll be willing to bet someone made a typo and the spellchecker fixed it to that and they didn't notice. Is it really so much of a big deal that you needed to post a thread about it?

Honestly, the amount of bitching and moaning about spelling over the last week or so is depressing.

here here...

bitching and moaning

The raison d'être of the forums.

John Faragher Posted Today, 04:15 PM

here here...

That should be 'hear, hear.' (Originated in the British parliament in the 18th century as a contraction of 'hear him, hear him').

Like you've never corrected anyone for their spelling Mr righteous one!

here here...

Very droll, Mr F. If it was intentional, that is.

S

I'm lamenting the fact that pretty much every thread more than one page long recently has people pointing out spelling mistakes at some juncture. Personally, I've not done it for quite some time. Certain people on here seems to doing it with increasing frequency.

I'm lamenting the fact that pretty much every thread more than one page long recently has people pointing out spelling mistakes at some juncture. Personally, I've not done it for quite some time. Certain people on here seems to doing it with increasing frequency.

It's not surprising the majority of people are so used to txt nowadays that its likely most have little interest for spelllng and grammar in what is a non formal use. Does it really make much difference if the story is understood.

Archived