Manx Tiger Keeps Its Teeth In Recession

pongo

Ancilliary services to what? If you walk into, say, Barclays here you will find they offer the same retail services as they offer in their Liverpool, London etc branches .

Basically you are wrong when you say "they don't even offer services to locals " (who use those retail services). But hey I'm not into petty point scoring so your mistake does not really matter.

Do you? Maybe you should look at their website more. How many deals are not available to "residents of the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man"

The rate I get on my mortgage here is shite compared to the terms the same bank offers through its UK branches. Maybe you should read more?

Point scoring on an internet message board. Surely nobody would try such a thing?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ancilliary services to what? If you walk into, say, Barclays here you will find they offer the same retail services as they offer in their Liverpool, London etc branches .

Basically you are wrong when you say "they don't even offer services to locals " (who use those retail services). But hey I'm not into petty point scoring so your mistake does not really matter.

Do you? Maybe you should look at their website more. How many deals are not available to "residents of the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man"

The rate I get on my mortgage here is shite compared to the terms the same bank offers through its UK branches. Maybe you should read more?

Point scoring on an internet message board. Surely nobody would try such a thing?

The debate was not about rates offered, but services provided. The original statement that banks did not offer services to locals was patently untrue.. The fact that certain deals are not available to residents of the CI or Isle of Man are usually as a result of regulatory issues which the banks must adhere to rather than a desire by the banks to alienate potential customers . Perhaps you should seek to increase your knowledge of these issues?

The debate was not about rates offered, but services provided. The original statement that banks did not offer services to locals was patently untrue.. The fact that certain deals are not available to residents of the CI or Isle of Man are usually as a result of regulatory issues which the banks must adhere to rather than a desire by the banks to alienate potential customers . Perhaps you should seek to increase your knowledge of these issues?

Perhaps you should stop your feeble attempt at point scoring my posting shite?

Feeble? obviously not. Anyway I'm not point scoring, just helping you understand things with facts of which you seem to be unaware. We all get it wrong sometimes. However I won't expect any gratitude.

Feeble? obviously not. Anyway I'm not point scoring, just helping you understand things with facts of which you seem to be unaware. We all get it wrong sometimes. However I won't expect any gratitude.

Banks such as Barclays and Lloyds in the IOM offer the same banking support to their depositors as banks In the UK too.

Banks such as Barclays and Lloyds in the IOM offer the same banking support to their depositors as banks In the UK too.

........and they offer a real DCS not one that is promoted as such but is really only a loan to be given out at the behest of the IOM and to be clawed back from the receivers by them asap .

........and they offer a real DCS not one that is promoted as such but is really only a loan to be given out at the behest of the IOM and to be clawed back from the receivers by them asap .

No they don't. You are misunderstanding how it works.

No they don't. You are misunderstanding how it works.

I understand that no one who banked in the UK has lost money only those who banked with the IOM .

Archived