Miserable Shop Assistants

Punisher

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You do amaze me LDV, liking a coffee that is produced by exploited workers who are employed in virtual slave conditions so they can produce one of the most expensive coffees in the world

I know, it truly is hypocritical that some of this coffee has passed my lips and my taste buds found the concoction barely drinkable. It just makes no sense. (I don't drink coffee btw)

You should try that Camp coffee! (do they make it anymore?)

You do amaze me LDV, liking a coffee that is produced by exploited workers who are employed in virtual slave conditions so they can produce one of the most expensive coffees in the world

I know, it truly is hypocritical that some of this coffee has passed my lips and my taste buds found the concoction barely drinkable. It just makes no sense. (I don't drink coffee btw)

You should try that Camp coffee! (do they make it anymore?)

I think you can still buy Camp coffee although they had to change the label on the front of their jars a few years ago due to the picture being racist!

I can never understand why folk are willing to pay the price of a pint of beer for a coffee in a paper cup. I can't make beer, so I'm prepared to pay (okay, let someone else pay) whatever H & B charge, but I can put a kettle on, grab a mug, take a teaspoon of coffee, add milk, sugar and mix the lot for ooh, the equivalent of a few pence. As my Grandad often said, a fool and his money are soon parted!

Hmm.. Beer. :P

• 1 month later...

the woman in the passport office who was rude, sarcastic and couldn't have been less friendly if she had shat in the people's faces

I can never understand why folk are willing to pay the price of a pint of beer for a coffee in a paper cup. I can't make beer, so I'm prepared to pay (okay, let someone else pay) whatever H & B charge, but I can put a kettle on, grab a mug, take a teaspoon of coffee, add milk, sugar and mix the lot for ooh, the equivalent of a few pence. As my Grandad often said, a fool and his money are soon parted!

Though it has to be said that instant coffee is rubbish compared with freshly ground. Though I kinda agree. Though how does that compare with the stupid thing (which I do on occasions) of buying bottled water. That's nuts.

the woman in the passport office who was rude, sarcastic and couldn't have been less friendly if she had shat in the people's faces

To be fair I think I'd prefer a rude person who chose not to shit in my face. I think that might be a touch less friendly than just being rude to you.

To be fair I think I'd prefer a rude person who chose not to shit in my face. I think that might be a touch less friendly than just being rude to you.

I believe there are people who pay to have that done to them. Best not think about it

I believe there are people who pay to have that done to them. Best not think about it

Why? Is it turning you on! :P

Why? Is it turning you on! :P

No, I'd rather just not think about it

Though it has to be said that instant coffee is rubbish compared with freshly ground. Though I kinda agree. Though how does that compare with the stupid thing (which I do on occasions) of buying bottled water. That's nuts.

Have you got a "Though/Th" at the start of a sentence fetish or something? :P

Anyway, I do agree about the water thing. It's very rare that I do buy bottled water. I can't remember the last time I have but I know I have.

One reason is fairly simple though, that you perhaps are quite thirsty, arrive at some sort of drink purveying estabishment, and don't want to drink fizzy pop, alcohol, juice, or milk (added etc for pedants), so you end up buying some water. It's silly but can be sort of logical I guess.

Especially if it's that Volvic strawberry flavoured stuff. If they changed the label to say "Really fucking tasty strawberry flavour drink" people would have absolutely no qualms about paying for it. It's only because it's "water with a bit of flavour" that people think you're mad for paying.

The people calling you/anyone mental for buying bottled water are probably the same people who'll quite happily pay twice as much for some water with a bit of suagr and a few bubbles in it......

Archived