Miserable Shop Assistants

Punisher

I take it that is why spitting image used the line "I've never met a nice South African" in the song.

The song was more about the political situation in South Africa, was it not? I thought it was mainly about apartheid.

It was topical at the time I suppose

Spitting Image - I've never Met A Nice South African

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I take it that is why spitting image used the line "I've never met a nice South African" in the song.

The song was more about the political situation in South Africa, was it not? I thought it was mainly about apartheid.

It was topical at the time I suppose

Spitting Image - I've never Met A Nice South African

Oh yeah I've seen it plenty of times. It is very funny, but a bit shocking to watch considering current attitudes to people of other nations.

Well Spitting Image was a comedy but it was heavily political.

Have you been served today by a miserable, useless or rude shop assistant?

I was warned about a certain Fireplace supply shop not a million miles from the Broadway traffic lights. People said it wasn't a nice place to go and the guy was a misery. I went there anyway and, sure enough, found the guy to be very grumpy and unhelpful. Bad feeling as soon as you walk in - and left standing there for ages. Went and spend loadsamoney at the fireplace shop at Laxey instead! (Makes you wonder how these people stay in business.)

Have you been served today by a miserable, useless or rude shop assistant?

I was warned about a certain Fireplace supply shop not a million miles from the Broadway traffic lights. People said it wasn't a nice place to go and the guy was a misery. I went there anyway and, sure enough, found the guy to be very grumpy and unhelpful. Bad feeling as soon as you walk in - and left standing there for ages. Went and spend loadsamoney at the fireplace shop at Laxey instead! (Makes you wonder how these people stay in business.)

years since ive been in that shop .. he was a misirable twat then aswell .. and made to wait for srvice in an empty shop .. how he stays in business is a mystery.

It's incredibly hard to stay upbeat if half the people who have come through the door that morning have been twunty, abrupt, bad mannered and treated you like a glorified, automated cash register.

Exactly. But for those who are really rude you can just give as good as them. And it can be really funny at times.

And it would be worthwhile remembering that the customer is always right

Do you class as customers the people you are charging hefty sums of money to stay at your pad during TT period?

My German guests are very happy and comfortable. They arrived last night and I treated them to a lekker steak meal and today the have had a full cooked breakfast so thank you for your concern but they are very well fed and watered.

There's a geordie lady who works in the Spar at port jack and she never cracks her face, she does say please and thank you, but with malice. It's like an effort when she serves you. I'm scared of her!!

Don't know her name but i've had some good laughs with her and the other folk that work there. IMO conversation is a two sided thing and i'm quite happy to be the one who starts it.

There's a geordie lady who works in the Spar at port jack and she never cracks her face, she does say please and thank you, but with malice. It's like an effort when she serves you. I'm scared of her!!

Try the one on the prom. They are by no means rude but a couple of the staff in there truly hate their jobs and are not afraid to tell you so.

By the way this thread would be imcomplete without mention of the bloke who works in the airport shop. Is he still there?

The winner of the miserable shop assistant award goes to a certain newsagent in Castletown, he is without doubt head and shoulders above all previous entrants. Anyone living in Castletown knows who i am talking about.

I was once banned from his shop, but i do like annoying him.

You might want to pop into Costa and shatter that illusion.

Nah. Nobody wants to pop into Costa to be served by that ignorant twat.

I see they have now set up a cake shop too. I wonder how long it is before he ends up wearing one. What a tosspot.

I never knew that, where has it opened? Have to admit i was in Costa today to get away form the rain and he was rather subdude.. although the place was full of bikers, so i recon he knows when to erm keep it shut..lol

The winner of the miserable shop assistant award goes to a certain newsagent in Castletown, he is without doubt head and shoulders above all previous entrants. Anyone living in Castletown knows who i am talking about.

What did you do to get yourself banned from a newsagent's?

Hahaha I know exactly who you're talking about! Miserable as sin, he is. The last person who should be 'serving' the public.

Archived