Miserable Shop Assistants

Punisher

You talk of a good customer service Marcus but not all shops provide this,and i feel it is reflected when they close due to lack of customers.Over the years, like a lot of people i have had pretty crappy service and care of my products of which i have bought,one item in particular was bought for, at the time a lot of money but the manager insisted it was the best of its kind and insisted it came with a year's guarantee so i was confident in my purchase, after about 9 months my purchase had turned into a death trap.So in i went to the shop and was greeted by this nice manager, he told me there was of course no problem because there were about 3 months left on the guarantee....Wonderfull i thought,but every time i phoned or visited the shop i was made to feel like i was a nuisance,after months of messing me about i got a phone call to tell me "I'M SORRY BUT YOUR GUARANTEE HAS RUN OUT"

Incidently me nor any of my friends or family shop in this place and never will.I will however shop where i receive good customer service,as will most people.

One last thing Marcus,there is no shoe shop in Ramsey or are you talking of a time gone by!

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You talk of a good customer service Marcus but not all shops provide this,and i feel it is reflected when they close due to lack of customers.Over the years, like a lot of people i have had pretty crappy service and care of my products of which i have bought,one item in particular was bought for, at the time a lot of money but the manager insisted it was the best of its kind and insisted it came with a year's guarantee so i was confident in my purchase, after about 9 months my purchase had turned into a death trap.So in i went to the shop and was greeted by this nice manager, he told me there was of course no problem because there were about 3 months left on the guarantee....Wonderfull i thought,but every time i phoned or visited the shop i was made to feel like i was a nuisance,after months of messing me about i got a phone call to tell me "I'M SORRY BUT YOUR GUARANTEE HAS RUN OUT"

Incidently me nor any of my friends or family shop in this place and never will.I will however shop where i receive good customer service,as will most people.

One last thing Marcus,there is no shoe shop in Ramsey or are you talking of a time gone by!

Time gone by Roo.

Its unfortunate that you have had a bad customer service experience.

From my own point of view we would endeavour to give the best possible after sales service we could.For small independant retailers this is probably the most important selling tool we have and if we don't give the level of service where required then this leaves a very bad taste.

On the other hand I have visited peoples houses , set things up for them , all free of charge on my own time and you never see them again.When you are working on low margins on high turnover products this is most disappointing.

But like I said , we have tried our best but ultimately , we just don't have the market required to sustain the expenses we have.Best to admit defeat , cut our losses and put it down to experience.

They want to buy something and they don't even know what it is ? That's a triumph of marketing.

And it's a fantastic opportunity for you to show them how great it is and sell them one. Der lol :)

Open a shop then if its so easy.Lets see you put your money where your mouth is.

Waited for 15 minutes in a queue in HMV 26.04.09 and got served by (cashier 1) the most obnoxious arrogant rudest little twank ever,such a horrible little boy,he really shouldnt be dealing with the public,such a shame because the rest of the staff are great.

Why bother with the local shops, when you can shop online for half the price without the hassle?

I would shop local if I could afford to.

I agree Port Erin- Don't buy in shops when you can buy cheaper online. You would think in the current recession that local shops would do more to attract customers

what exactly are they going to do then toad.

they cannot buy their stock as cheap as online bulk buying stores and then theres the rackets carriage charges on top .. plus rent and staff.

what magic formular is there that they are missing o wise one.

oh lets not be forgetting like most people who do buy online the postal charges .. buy item for £20 online and pay £10 postage. .. shop local for said item and get it for £25 etc.. .. promptly and loudly complain you could have bought it for £5 less online whilst conveniently forgetting the rip off postage which is the only markup alot of these online stores charge..

Has anyone here bought a sarnie in Jaimes on Prospect Hill? There is a frightening young woman behind the cash register who I have never seen show the slightest interest in her customers. She has no people skills whatsoever. I think fluffer to Ozzy Osbourne biting heads off bats is more her line.

Has anyone here bought a sarnie in Jaimes on Prospect Hill? There is a frightening young woman behind the cash register who I have never seen show the slightest interest in her customers. She has no people skills whatsoever. I think fluffer to Ozzy Osbourne biting heads off bats is more her line.

She is quite spectaulary rude. I'm amazed that she still works there I seem to remember having an agrument with her over a bacon bap at least a year ago. Totally ignorant and with a face like a slapped arse?

Deffo! Baby oil and nakedness!

I want to buy something right now.

What a winner woot woooooooooo!

She is quite spectaulary rude. I'm amazed that she still works there I seem to remember having an agrument with her over a bacon bap at least a year ago. Totally ignorant and with a face like a slapped arse?

Would you want to see her all baby oilled up....? urghhhhhhhhhh

I have to agree, i nip in there for a butty or 2 and she has to be the happiest person I have ever seen.

Heard she has a new job at Costa...lol

The miserable cow today in the Victoria Mal cafe (takeaway part) with the pony tail about 45/50ish. No amount of cheery chatter would crack even a smile.

The girl in Prospect Hill has always been okay to me but I think she fancies one of my girlfriends. ;)

Archived