The Future Of Gordon

Chinahand

I find all the politicing over the future of Gordon Brown pretty odd.

The idea that Labour can chuck out Gordon and have a new leader without that leader then immediately calling an election is barmy.

I can't see anyway that chucking out its current leader and crowning a new one will help the party's image - fractous, uninterested in the electrorate, without direction.

This isn't what the country wants or needs. Just call an election now and get on with it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst thing Labour could do for the country is call an election now. There's no way the Tories are in a position to run the country now. But maybe if they can clear out the dead weights in the current scandal, get rid of Cameron one-way or another, they might have some policys.

The worst thing Labour could do for the country is call an election now. There's no way the Tories are in a position to run the country now. But maybe if they can clear out the dead weights in the current scandal, get rid of Cameron one-way or another, they might have some policys.

The future's grim either way - Tories or Labour

This isn't what the country wants or needs. Just call an election now and get on with it.

Why call an election now?

The thought of Cameron and the rest of his in-experienced bunch of chinless wonders trying to steer UK PLC through a recession makes my blood run cold. Not only that but Major's administration was in the shit in 1991 and yet he was returned a year later. The average UK voter seems to have a VERY short attention span and no long-term memory at all! The "expenses" furore has yet to run it's full course as well. So it's all in Brown's interests to hang on in there and hope that there is a recovery. It really is very naive to think otherwise. However those Labour MP's with small majorities, questionable expenses and a squeaky bottom may start to think their only chance of survival is minus Brown and so they might try a putsch. Interesting times..

The thought of Cameron and the rest of his in-experienced bunch of chinless wonders trying to steer UK PLC through a recession makes my blood run cold.

But they've all been to Eton (alright, some of them, but you know what I mean). Surely that sure fills you with confidence.

Why call an election now?

The thought of Cameron and the rest of his in-experienced bunch of chinless wonders trying to steer UK PLC through a recession makes my blood run cold. Not only that but Major's administration was in the shit in 1991 and yet he was returned a year later. The average UK voter seems to have a VERY short attention span and no long-term memory at all! The "expenses" furore has yet to run it's full course as well. So it's all in Brown's interests to hang on in there and hope that there is a recovery. It really is very naive to think otherwise. However those Labour MP's with small majorities, questionable expenses and a squeaky bottom may start to think their only chance of survival is minus Brown and so they might try a putsch. Interesting times..

I assume you refer to the rot labour left in the late '70s that took a decade to clear up. Tony Blair's decision to leave when he did was inspired. He knew exactly what would happen, and he was right.

Call an election now and lets get on with the clean up!

I assume you refer to the rot labour left in the late '70s that took a decade to clear up.

No, you have made a completely erroneous assumption. If you read very carefully through my post you won't see a single reference to the 1970's. Do you write children's fiction? With your imagination if you don't then you should...

I assume you refer to the rot labour left in the late '70s that took a decade to clear up.

No, you have made a completely erroneous assumption. If you read very carefully through my post you won't see a single reference to the 1970's. Do you write children's fiction? With your imagination if you don't then you should...

One does not a great imagination on this forum with great wits like you here, well half the time anyway.

The sooner old one eye is out of number 10 the better. As I have said before, his policies as chancellor led us into this recession. He needs to go, NOW!

UKplc is dead in the water when they need leadership and action on the country, not the country taking action on the miserable lot trying to run the show.

The sooner Broon falls on his sword, the sooner they can see what's left in any party to get the country under way again, before the rest of the world regards UKplc as a rudderless ship.

I think they need Brigadier Alex Birtwhistle to cut out the cr4p and cull the freeloaders.

But there are no credible alternatives! Cameron is flailing around, looking serious, trotting out a predetermined list of questions to any issue ("we need to know who knew what when, and what are they going to do about.") He never has a solution to problems, just a series of serious sounding questions. Them 6 months later he pops up saying "what we would have done is xyz." But he never says that at the time.

Brown has a duty to the UK to hang on until the Torys sort themselves out.

He never has a solution to problems, just a series of serious sounding questions. Them 6 months later he pops up saying "what we would have done is xyz." But he never says that at the time.

He used to come up with solutions, only to see Broon pinch them. He now keeps his powder dry.

S

Give the Lib Dems a chance they cant fuck it up worse than the rest of them.

Hell they might suprise us all and do a good job.

Not that I would condone voting for any of the major parties, but given their track records I can't see how voting either Labour or Tory makes sense.

Archived