New Drug Craze

La_Dolce_Vita

IOM Newspapers: It is the first time anyone in the Island has been treated for misusing the drugs, also known as Doves, which are not available on prescription here.

I thought Doves were a type of Ecstasy?

This other drug seems to be known as: "A2, Rapture, Jump, Frenzy, Nemesis, Euphoria, ESP and Pep."

I want to know how they tested for brain damage on these kids? I cant see them having a great deal of activity up there in the first place if they've been popping random pills.

Shame there was no lasting damage might have taught them and their friends a lesson.

What was wrong with a copy of Razzle and a bottle of woodpecker?

It doesn't appeal to everyone. Some prefer Playgirl and a nibble on a Peyote button.

There's no answer to that one, who is Peyote btw I have never heard of him

medication for roundworms and threadworms

Piperazine is used to treat worms – parasites which can infect the intestines

She said the drug was aimed at young people, with the packaging indicating it was a 'good times drug'.

So who is aiming it/packaging it?

Seems to me that drug and alcohol liaison officer Orla O'Donoghue is inferring that the drug is made for kids wanting a good time

...and this drug is 'not available on prescription here'...but they think if you can buy it on the market - I presume she means on the street, and if that's the case then maybe kids really are fucking stupid

I haven't read such a daft report for ages

Now all the kids who didn't know about it will do .

THANKS AGAIN IOM NEWSPAPERS !!

GUTTER PRESS AGAIN.

Yes thanks IOM newspapers for reporting the facts (including what damage this can do to one) Just maybe it will put the kids off trying the stuff or making their parents more vigilant. Let's not brush this stuff under the carpet. Censor the newspapers and word of things like this will never get round in this island of ours will it?

Legal highs are everywhere, was down at the Bushy's tent earlier and spotted a few packets on the floor and there was a guy wandering around selling them.

It seems a lot of people are opting for synthetic ecstacy and cannabis, cheaper.. legal and easier to get hold of.

All the festivals across have stalls and quite a few pubs and clubs have them for sale across.

Makes me laugh... "Diablo XXX - Do not double drop" or "Happy Popper" and in very small letters... not for human consumption, plant feeder!

I bought a legal high once - it was supposed to be an alternative to speed. It was this powder that you mixed into a mug of coffee. Tasted disgusting, so I made super strong triple strength coffee to mask the taste. Didn't do anything at first but after five or six mugs I was hyper.

Archived