Cheery Shop Assistants

Mutley

Did you know that the Q in B&Q stands for Quayle? David Quayle was the co-founder with one Block.

Manx?

S

So what does the B stand for?

My friend says it stands for Bicker & Quarrel coz it's all she and her boyfriend ever do when they go shopping there together.

Ambushed? You were the one who derailed the thread!

No. VoR derailed it.

S

No you wrote - "Wouldn't get that sort of service in a B&Q across."

This is patent nonesense, and the Voice of Reason called you on it. You could have ignored it, admited you were wrong, or clarified your meaning, but you decided to bluff and bluster your way through it, endlessly.

One day, Declan, do try to post something pleasant and positive. Just for a change, eh? Might make you feel better about yourself.

S

You used to be quite an intelligent poster. What happened?

He finally got his computer back form his 10 yr old Daughter??

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
African fellow from Apetites

Racist.

The man is from Africa and very good at his job. That doesn't mean I haven't received excellent service from European, Asian or North and South American people.

Hmm.. I fear this thread may have gone the way of many forum posts: irrevocably infected by an argument until folk lose interest and move on. Ho hum, one last throw!

I'd like to echo the sentiments of great customer service from Governors Hill stores, Newson's, Shoprite Port Erin (I get around..), Feltons and Buy and Queue and also thank the guys at Island Fixtures and Fittings fo their service. I only needed a handful of bolts and yer man was more than happy to search upstairs despite the fact that the bits I needed cost around 10p each!

Oh, and apologies in advance if you come into our shop over the next few days asking about the digital switchover and are greeted by a vertically challenged Scotsman with the demeanour of a starved Rottweiler. I swear if we see that robot we'll despatch it forthwith to Manx Metals.. "Hello, yes. This digital business. What's it all about? Can you send someone out this afternoon"

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGH!!!!!!!

Sorry. :weee:

Pablo formerly of the coop Port Erin! What. A.Legend!! No one minded the que because he was so friendly and helpful. Even if he did say " have a good weekend" on a Sunday night :thumbsup:

The fellas at Newson's on the quay, they all look the same to me, but each one cheerie.

Brilliant shop, a visit there opens a whole new world of entertainment.

eg:

'Size x please' - 'I don't think that will fit you'

'Can I have a pair of these please?' - 'You've already bought them, look you're wearing them'

Great place and a shrine to the one liner.

Boots opticians team give great customer service, all of them, never had a bad experience in there... they often go above the call too giving me the occasional free contact lenses when I've been stoopid enough to run out...... I also think there's lots of very lovely peeps working in the Isle of Man Bank on Regent St. so helpful and chatty and remember your name, love the personal service I get.

Nice to see such a (mostly) positive thread hehe xxx

The guys at Qualtroughs. Top job. AND they have "Sticks like Shit" glue...that's the first time i saw it.

You used to be quite an intelligent poster. What happened?

I "dumbed down" so that you would understand me.

S

You used to be quite witty too

That was a long time ago.

S

I see the fellas at newsons have a padawan.

Another mirthful shopping experience today for a pair of climbing boots.

On the subject of Boots, I found the opticians was very good and the staff in the main Boots shop itself are always very helpful and pleasant.

Archived