Cheery Shop Assistants

Mutley

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having posted this on a seperate thread let me post it with the majority.

A lovely young lady called Linda at The Garrison in Castletown looked after four off us brilliantly a couple of weeks ago when we went there in the evening. Terrific advice, great service and very pleasant and cheerful. The sort of person who makes you want to go back again.

I suspect (and I am not trying to blow my own trumpet) that an important part of excellent service is the attitude of the customer.

Over the years I have seen some appalling attitudes from customers who seemed to think that staff were way beneath them. They would then grumble that the service was abysmal (no wonder). Mutual courtesy goes a long way.

Went to the tackle shop on Broadway today to get some spinners etc for a bit of reservoir fishing.

Now I usually fish off the shore/ off a boat and so am new to all this. Matty, the guy serving was as helpful as anyone I've come across. Didn't patronise me at all, gave me some tips on where to fish, what to buy etc.

I asked if I needed a landing net, he said "yes, but if you're only going for the day, it's not worth buying one. Here's my address, nip around the side, garage is open, borrow mine".

How honest, trusting and bloody nice is that? I'd never met the guy before.

Needless to say, I caught bugger all. But his service made my day.

Cheers mate.

• 1 month later...

The guys from manx gas.. very friendly, helpful and never seem to be tired of my bad english

Also one of the older ladies in the Douglas Post office.. several packages were sent to me which i had to get one by one. I didn't have to wait for the queue, after a short eye-contact she went into the storage room to give me the next one.

Last but not least Garth from the tax department.. couldn't even imagine a public servant more competent, speedy and friendly as him.

Last but not least Garth from the tax department.. couldn't even imagine a public servant more competent, speedy and friendly as him.

you brown nose - all people that work for the tax office should be chucked in the sea with concrete boots on luv!!!

you brown nose - all people that work for the tax office should be chucked in the sea with concrete boots on luv!!!

and when all the employees in the tax office are dead, more will be shunted in from other departments and/or new recruits which would obviously follow another culling and then another, until eventually the Island is nothing more than a ghost town.

Yes I very much enjoyed the cheery service at B & Q today

"Beep, please place your purchase on the scanner. Beep" .... "Beep, please place your purchase on the scanner. Beep" .... "Beep, please place your purchase on the scanner. Beep" Lovely. Also enjoyed being monitored like a Romanian pick pocket as I did their jobs for them as well.

The dark haired girl that works in Shoprite on Victoria Road on the checkout. Normally most checkout people dont say a word apart from that will be £xxx.xx please. This girl is great. The Wife and I went shopping on Saturday and she was really chatty and has a lovely personality, looks like she really enjoys her job.

If it's the same person, she complimented me on my after shave the other morning, fair put a spring in my step that did!

"Beep, please place your purchase on the scanner. Beep" .... "Beep, please place your purchase on the scanner. Beep" .... "Beep, please place your purchase on the scanner. Beep" Lovely. Also enjoyed being monitored like a Romanian pick pocket as I did their jobs for them as well.

If it makes you feel any better, all the staff hate the self service tills, loads have been laid off because of the self service tills, and its their job to watch and help people at the self service tills. Oh, also the customers hate the self service tills, B&Q's finance department on the other hand love the self service tills.

IE, they sacked people and got machines becuase theyre losing money.

If it makes you feel any better, all the staff hate the self service tills, loads have been laid off because of the self service tills, and its their job to watch and help people at the self service tills. Oh, also the customers hate the self service tills, B&Q's finance department on the other hand love the self service tills.

I'm with the staff. However there was one over zealous staff member this morning who when a customer said he didn't want to use the self service tills chirped up "Well you'll have to get used to it soon otherwise you won't be able to buy anything" ... his reply was "I won't because the minute they force me to I won't be shopping here anymore".

I thought it interesting that the staff are interested in pushing through their own impending redundancy.

I'm with the staff. However there was one over zealous staff member this morning who when a customer said he didn't want to use the self service tills chirped up "Well you'll have to get used to it soon otherwise you won't be able to buy anything" ... his reply was "I won't because the minute they force me to I won't be shopping here anymore".

I thought it interesting that the staff are interested in pushing through their own impending redundancy.

Well the staff member has a point, since it's fairly likely that all the manual tills will be going in favour of the self service ones. Of course if the staff said it in a rude way, thats not on, but they arnt wrong in suggesting it.

Not shops but we went up Snaefell yesterday.

Warm and sunny.

MER staff were very customer friendly as were the cafe staff at Laxey and at the top.

Nice to see all age ranges up there from families with kids having a picnic up to a very determinded old lady who went up their with her friends and although she needed help to get on and off the train, she seemed to be enjoying herself thoroughly.

Nice way to spend a few hours whilst the weathers like this.

Not shops but we went up Snaefell yesterday.

Warm and sunny.

MER staff were very customer friendly as were the cafe staff at Laxey and at the top.

Nice to see all age ranges up there from families with kids having a picnic up to a very determinded old lady who went up their with her friends and although she needed help to get on and off the train, she seemed to be enjoying herself thoroughly.

Nice way to spend a few hours whilst the weathers like this.

I went up there a few years ago and i have to say its got to be the most beautiful view on the Island....But the ride up there certainly scared me witless, the track looked dodgy and warn in places if i was going to go back up it would have to be on foot!

Would definately be worth the trek up though. :)

Archived