Cheery Shop Assistants

Mutley

Not shops but we went up Snaefell yesterday.

Warm and sunny.

MER staff were very customer friendly as were the cafe staff at Laxey and at the top.

Nice to see all age ranges up there from families with kids having a picnic up to a very determinded old lady who went up their with her friends and although she needed help to get on and off the train, she seemed to be enjoying herself thoroughly.

Nice way to spend a few hours whilst the weathers like this.

You're right, the MER staff on the Snaefell railway are very friendly.

However, when the guy comes round and points Scotland, Lake district etc out to me, I'm too embarrassed to say "It's alright mate, I'm from here", so I sit there like a tourist saying "ooh lovely".

Strangely, they never point out Sellafield. ;)

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

I have probably already said this, but Boots Opticians, just got back from my contact lens health check - all the people I have ever had in that store have been amazing, very friendly, knowledgeable, cheerful and helpful - in particular today Kelly who did the test was lovely (and Anna was lovely when I booked the other day) - they frequently give you free pairs of contact lenses if you need them, just got 5 pairs today. Thank you very much guys, it is very much appreciated :) xxx

I have probably already said this, but Boots Opticians, just got back from my contact lens health check - all the people I have ever had in that store have been amazing, very friendly, knowledgeable, cheerful and helpful - in particular today Kelly who did the test was lovely (and Anna was lovely when I booked the other day) - they frequently give you free pairs of contact lenses if you need them, just got 5 pairs today. Thank you very much guys, it is very much appreciated :) xxx

Totally agree, had an appointment with Kelly today and she was great.

(and I think I saw you outside too)

One thing I have definitely noticed, which is very different from in Manchester, is how friendly and polite the bus drivers are on the Isle of Man.

I find the reception staff at the College to be really helpful. And the lady who worked at Romanoffs deli/takeaway (Peel Road) seems really lovely. Also, I don't know the name of the restaurant, but the Italian on Victoria Street give really good customer services - I was very impressed.

Archived