Cheery Shop Assistants

Mutley

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The manager type in Jessops, has a beard, is always helpful, and very efficient and courteous.

Just imagine how good he'd be without the beard.

Is he the Scottish fellow? If so, I agree!

What a nice thread. Like I said in the "other" one, the young man in the stereo shop on Bucks Road who lent me his umbrella was a doll. My hairdresser at Urban Hair was lovely, the girls in RBSI were always helpful, and one of my dearest friends, Mary, who works in the shop at Governor's Hill is fantastic!

What a nice thread. Like I said in the "other" one, the young man in the stereo shop on Bucks Road who lent me his umbrella was a doll. My hairdresser at Urban Hair was lovely, the girls in RBSI were always helpful, and one of my dearest friends, Mary, who works in the shop at Governor's Hill is fantastic!

Is that the blonde lady, always smiling and always cheerful? I think it is the same lady and i totally agree. Served me for 3 years and never a scowl.

Must be, Roo! Mary has blonde hair and glasses. If you see her, tell her you were talking to Ellen from Connecticut on here. She was/is a wonderful person and she's one of the people I miss most. :D

The manager type in Jessops, has a beard, is always helpful, and very efficient and courteous.

Just imagine how good he'd be without the beard.

you beardist!

That chap in Jessops goes beyond helpful though I've found, in the past at least. I appreciate he's just trying to do his job well and is enthusiastic about photography etc, so top marks for that, but I hate feeling hassled in a shop and I did, last time I went in and he spoke to me.

Sorry jessops chap if you're reading as I feel hard at criticising someone who's trying to be so helpful, but if asked 'Are you ok there sir?' and the reply is along the lines of 'Yes thanks I'm fine. Just having a look at some lenses, so I'll have a look through these and see what's what - thanks though', then it means I'm ok, and not that I'd like a 10 minute run through to repeat what it says on all the labels for said items.

This was a year or two ago so maybe he's not quite as insistant on 'helping' now unless asked, but that sort of thing makes me feel like leaving the shop if I haven't actually asked for help/advice.

I feel like a bad person now to have said that. Especially when most people in shops don't seem to give a hoot about their customers, but unless I make an effort to ask for some assistance I really prefer to be left alone in shops by the staff. I hope that doesn't sounds too grumpy....

I went into Shoprite in Port Erin earlier today and when I got to the checkout, I was instantly reminded of this thread by a young lady called Jenny. It was a pleasure to be served by this obviously raw recruit who still had her smile and asked if I would like any assistance with packing the shopping. My gabber was flastered and once I realised that there wasn't some underhand trickery going on, I thanked her and walked away with the occasional turn stare just to make sure that she was still smiling and not sticking her fingers up behind my back.

People like her can make my day and I thought she thoroughly deserved a mention. Shame there can't be more people as happy and friendly as she was.

Alessandros.

Tall, good lucking girl with long curly brown hair, nice bum.

Last night she couldn't do enough for me, very attentive and smiley. I know they are 'supposed'; to be like this, but she went over and above the call of duty.

If I wasn't such a fat, ugly bastard I could have sworn she was coming on to me.

Anyway, I left her a 50p tip.

Politeness Pays. ;)

Alessandros.

Last night she couldn't do enough for me, very attentive and smiley. I know they are 'supposed'; to be like this, but she went over and above the call of duty.

If I wasn't such a fat, ugly bastard I could have sworn she was coming on to me.

Politeness Pays. ;)

But speeding does'nt.... :P

Alessandros.

Politeness Pays. ;)

But speeding does'nt.... :P

:lol: ha ha ha.....you mangy marsupial ;)

Your apostrophe is in the wrong place btw.

Archived