Cheery Shop Assistants

Mutley

hehehehe.. as you both know..

arr I know the lady, she is rather lovley !!!

:D

Just John?

So Pam Ayres outs herself by abandoning "Scrappey" or whatever it was, and Mr JF ins himself by calling himself Just John.

Is that a modest "Only John", or are you positioning yourself for a job on the bench?

S

ETA: How come it's still quoting you as JF when your new name is Just John? Odd.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Today a delightful red-headed young lady at B&Q saw me struggling with an over-loaded trolley and rushed up to help. Wouldn't get that sort of service in a B&Q across.

S

How on earth do you know that? What an incredibly crass statement. I would think the chances of you getting that sort of service would be as equally likely across as here.

I recently read an article in a similar vein by a manx journo who had lost her keys here but they were returned to her by someone. Again ("wouldn't happen across") For FFS in all probability the person returning her keys could have been English!

This sort of attitude gives the Manx a bad name - in my opinion

Today a delightful red-headed young lady at B&Q saw me struggling with an over-loaded trolley and rushed up to help. Wouldn't get that sort of service in a B&Q across.

S

The B+Q staff are tremendously helpful I find.

Especially the girl that has recently been given microphone duties that 'shouts' for more staff at the tills...tickles me pink every time I hear her.

S

How on earth do you know that? What an incredibly crass statement.

What an incredibly half-witted, belligerent, and ignorant response.

I know THAT from many visits to B&Q, and similar emporia, in the UK.

The crassness, my friend, is entirely yours. Now run along and gratuitously attack somebody else, you internet equivalent of a drunken, head-butting, moron.

S

S

The crassness, my friend, is entirely yours. Now run along and gratuitously attack somebody else, you internet equivalent of a drunken, head-butting, moron.

S

I myself have visited various retail outlets in the Uk and have found the experience no more or no less satisfying than shopping over here. Good and bad everywhere - don't you agree?

I abhor racism in all it's forms

Have you always been a dickhead or is it just a gimmick you're trying out for a couple of weeks?

S

S

I myself have visited various retail outlets in the Uk and have found the experience no more or no less satisfying than shopping over here. Good and bad everywhere - don't you agree?

I am not suggesting that the way people behave here is unique. It's not; it's common to most small communities where people tend to know each other. In the UK, most B&Qs are located in large urban areas where nobody knows anybody.

B&Q has "over 320" stores in the UK, which means that on average each one serves around 220,000 people, as opposed to 80,000 here. So it's not surprising there is a difference.

By the way, this has nothing to do with racism.

S

Have you always been a dickhead or is it just a gimmick you're trying out for a couple of weeks?

You two are perhaps related? Many times?

S

Last year myself and my son got a taxi from Liverpool city centre to the boatI. Once on the boat my son reallised that he had left some stuff in the taxi. DS console and some games. I told him unfortunately that there was nothing we could do then but would ring Liverpool taxis upon arrival home. (he's a young lad and was very understandably upset)

Shortly before sailing there was a message over the tannoy that a taxi driver had delivered a games console and games that someone had left in his taxi.

He had obviously realised, or been informed of what had happened so had driven back to the boat to deliver these items. The relief on my sons face and his obviously found faith in human nature was brilliant to see.

I certainly would not claim that such an incident could not, or would not, happen in the IOM

S

S

I am not suggesting that the way people behave here is unique. It's not; it's common to most small communities where people tend to know each other. In the UK, most B&Qs are located in large urban areas where nobody knows anybody.

B&Q has "over 320" stores in the UK, which means that on average each one serves around 220,000 people, as opposed to 80,000 here. So it's not surprising there is a difference.

S

Utter and complete bollocks Sebrof. I'm amazed you think that way.

S

Utter and complete bollocks Sebrof. I'm amazed you think that way.

I am totally bemused. What do you disagree with, and why? Do you think that the Manx are a different race? Do you think that big cities are friendlier than small communities?

S

S

S

S

OK I don't want to drag this out particularly when you have adopted a more concliliatory stance. But if the UK stores serve say 3x more people they may have 3x more staff so the chances of what you describe happening here or across should be equal.

Last year myself and my son got a taxi from Liverpool city centre to the boatI. Once on the boat my son reallised that he had left some stuff in the taxi. DS console and some games. I told him unfortunately that there was nothing we could do then but would ring Liverpool taxis upon arrival home. (he's a young lad and was very understandably upset)

Shortly before sailing there was a message over the tannoy that a taxi driver had delivered a games console and games that someone had left in his taxi.

He had obviously realised, or been informed of what had happened so had driven back to the boat to deliver these items. The relief on my sons face and his obviously found faith in human nature was brilliant to see.

I certainly would not claim that such an incident could not, or would not, happen in the IOM

Fine. There are many honest people in the world, even in Liverpool.

But in my considerable experience, there are not nearly as many friendly, cheerful, helpful people in B&Q in the UK as there are in the average shop or store in the island.

S

Archived