Lest We Forget

bluemonday

Overshadowed perhaps by the dross in Westminster.

Click

"I hope the children, as they grow up, will never ever forget it, nor anyone in the world, I shouldn't think, forget bloody wars like that."

We visited Arromanches in March to visit the war grave of a family member nearby.

I had no idea what incredible and extremely brave things had been achieved there.

Unbelievable really. A must for every school child if the reactions of the visiting children we saw were anything to go by.

It is rather sad and bad that generally the public have such little knowledge of WW1 and know how many died in that war. Maybe if people were more aware of the folly and waste of that war it would alter attitudes to war a little or a lot. WW2 seems to get far, far more attention.

It is rather sad and bad that generally the public have such little knowledge of WW1 and know how many died in that war. Maybe if people were more aware of the folly and waste of that war it would alter attitudes to war a little or a lot. WW2 seems to get far, far more attention.

Not surprising really. There are still plenty of people alive who took part in the Second War.

But certainly in the UK and the IOM there seems to be little effort made to teach children of the horrors of war. In Poland, every child is taken to concentration camps and shown what happened. Perhaps if we had the same system, MPs would not have been so ready to embroil us in Iraq.

S

Not surprising really. There are still plenty of people alive who took part in the Second War.

But certainly in the UK and the IOM there seems to be little effort made to teach children of the horrors of war. In Poland, every child is taken to concentration camps and shown what happened. Perhaps if we had the same system, MPs would not have been so ready to embroil us in Iraq.

S

tony blair is solely responsible for iraq.

S

tony blair is solely responsible for iraq.

Someone once told me, "Its old men sending young men (and obviously women) out to die"....Very true.

S

So true, several years ago when working in north Germany I decided to go on a trip across the border to see Auschwitz, the coach was all chatty on the way, the return was in silence, I doubt anyone who goes to see that place can come away untouched, even after all this time you can sense the evil of the place it is a very sobering experience, not many come away from there untouched by the experience yet nobody has ever made a decent documentary of it so that it can be shown in schools.

what have the last 5 Generation's done 2 prove their worth ? i fully respect these old bugger's for what they done for us.(eg)war's for are freedom. it's just ashame about the new generation's. the Generation sin that we are in.there just lazy greedy druggy thugs that have no 4king respect for no one. i would say god help us but he cant free will & all. what are the next generation's going to be like? fuked up.,;'/

what have the last 5 Generation's done 2 prove their worth ? i fully respect these old bugger's for what they done for us.(eg)war's for are freedom. it's just ashame about the new generation's. the Generation sin that we are in.there just lazy greedy druggy thugs that have no 4king respect for no one. i would say god help us but he cant free will & all. what are the next generation's going to be like? fuked up.,;'/

You really cant generalize,not all of todays generation are loosers,drug addicts or even lazy! I know quite a few (not personally of course) of the mentioned but some of which are over 40/50 years of age.Also i think people should remember that this nor the previous generation created todays drug problems and issues.Also how do you propose the last 5 generations prove their worth?

"I fully respect these OLD BUGGER'S", it's hardly what i would call RESPECT!

dude i'm not hearing you.? a lot of my mate's are old . & they use the word bugger it's a Perlite form of swearing in old school . my oldest friend is 96 when i'm a taking the pee out of him ribbing the old feker. he call's me a lil bugger. i dont think bugger is a swear word. do you r00?

dude i'm not hearing you.? a lot of my mate's are old . & they use the word bugger it's a Perlite form of swearing in old school . my oldest friend is 96 when i'm a taking the pee out of him ribbing the old feker. he call's me a lil bugger. i dont think bugger is a swear word. do you r00?

Sweet....But i "did'nt" say it was it was a swear word.

... what are the next generation's going to be like? ***** up.,;'/ ... he call's me a lil bugger. i dont think bugger is a swear word. do you r00?

Bless! So nice to see such a caring attitude at such a tender age.

Perlite? Is that some new toothpaste?

Archived