Manannan Not Running..

Amadeus

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my mate came back on the boat today and it was near empty

Its bigger, hence more space, hence seems empty.

Yes well the QE2 would seem even emptier. - near empty on the first day of racing (well would have been), the day before Mad Sunday?. Presumably capacity was one of the factors the Racket considered when buying the thing (sorry, scrub that).

just because one engine might not have temporarily working isn't the the fault of the IOMSPC, it might have sucked a bit of rope into the jet and they had to get it cleared , which has happened on the cats many time before

Day trippers deciding not to bother?

I reckon so, given the weather bad reports last night and people talking about the racing potentially being off, I probably would have stayed in bed this morning myself. Such a shame considering how glorious it was last weekend.

Three weeks ago I tried to book a boat-rail ticket via Liverpool for any day in last fortnight (I wanted to avoid TT etc) - the rail bit was ok the Racket had stopped all boat tickets - guess they were hoping to get more bikers ? - strangely enough the first day I could get a ticket for (via Heysham and not Liverpool) is next Tuesday in middle of race week ! At times I'm convinced that the racket wants to keep the supposed 40% loading so as to claim that it is isn't their fault thery have to have such high ticket prices

my mate came back on the boat today and it was near empty

Its bigger, hence more space, hence seems empty.

Have they extended the Ben, I said boat :P

The DTL put out a plea for urgent home-stay tonight on MR yet Hotels on the prom have vacancies and the boats ain't full, more Government spin

All attempts I have made to the IOMSPC to try and arrange day trips for friends hopefully from Liverpool or Heysham or even Fleetwood have met with not one response and if you phone they don't seem to know what to say, I wonder if we want visitors to The Island, at least here we can have open debate one of the Yahoo Message Boards have this week asked for anyone complaining against the Steam Packet to go to another board??

All attempts I have made to the IOMSPC to try and arrange day trips for friends hopefully from Liverpool or Heysham or even Fleetwood have met with not one response and if you phone they don't seem to know what to say, I wonder if we want visitors to The Island, at least here we can have open debate one of the Yahoo Message Boards have this week asked for anyone complaining against the Steam Packet to go to another board??

Another load of BS, the IOMSP allways return calls, may not be what you wanted , but always return the call

Archived