Revised Schedule

bluemonday

Monday, June 8

Roads close 9.45am (Mountain Road 9.30am)

11am: Superbike TT - six laps

2pm: Sidecar TT 1 - three laps

Practice session

Roads open 5pm (Mountain Road 6pm)

Tuesday, June 9

Roads close 11.30am (Mountain Road 11am)

12 midday: Relentless Supersport Junior TT 1 - four laps

3.45pm: TTXGP practice

6.30pm: Scottish Life International Superstock TT - four laps

Roads open 8.30pm (Mountain Road 9.30pm)

Wednesday, June 10

10.45am: Relentless Supersport Junior TT 2 - four laps

1.15pm: Sidecar TT 2 - three laps

TTXGP Practice

Friday, June 12

10.45am: TTXGP - one lap

1pm: Senior TT - six laps

(http://www.iomtoday.co.im/tt-info/TT-2009-race-and-practice.4873861.jp)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of traffic carnage, I have a hospital appt on Tuesday pm. Does anyone know how long it takes to get up the access road?

Pick anything between five minutes and half an hour. Then add on some for the queues waiting to get to the access road.

For Tuesday......

It is understood that crossing points will be open between 5 and 6pm to allow commuters a chance to get home, although this is yet to be confirmed.

source: http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Revised-TT-...ails.5342233.jp)

Why's that neccessary, assuming they couldn't race today (although if the weather's like it is in Port Erin I can't see why)? The Tuesday races start at least an hour latter than on all the other days. How about (using Monday's scheduele as a template)-

11am: Relentless Supersport Junior TT 1 - four laps

2pm: Scottish Life International Superstock TT - four laps

TTXGP Practice

There's actually one lap fewer of racing on Tuesday than there is on Monday. So why does Tuesday's racing have to extend so late.

For Tuesday......

It is understood that crossing points will be open between 5 and 6pm to allow commuters a chance to get home, although this is yet to be confirmed.

Why's that neccessary, assuming they couldn't race today (although if the weather's like it is in Port Erin I can't see why)? The Tuesday races start at least an hour latter than on all the other days. How about (using Monday's scheduele as a template)-

TTXGP Practice

There's actually one lap fewer of racing on Tuesday than there is on Monday. So why does Tuesday's racing have to extend so late.

For Tuesday......

TTXGP Practice

I think the reason for the late start on Tuesday, is to allow cremations already arranged to take place

The Mountain Road shuts at 9.30am on Monday and the rest of the course at 10.00am.

I agree with Declan, why can't they do the same on Tuesday instead of racing until 8.30pm? Also if the weather disrupts a race schedule surely the parade laps should be scrapped to save time.

Edit to add- Sorry just seen this bit about cremations. If it is so that cremations can take place, then that's fair enough.

As Scarbunny said, why not use Thursday afternoon to run a race. I suppose they're keeping that one just in case of more bad weather.

Archived