Revised Schedule

bluemonday

So is Rossi still going round 2moro or is it Tuesday and at what time.

Thanks

Monday.

The six-lap Superbike race is scheduled to get under way at 11am with Valentino Rossi garlanding the first three finishers at the TT Grandstand straight after the race.

The Italian superstar will then join compatriot and TT legend Giacomo Agostini for a parade lap before the start of the three-lap Sidecar race which is set to start at 2pm.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Revised-TT-...amme.5342233.jp

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monday, June 8

Roads close 9.45am (Mountain Road 9.30am)

11am: Superbike TT - six laps

2pm: Sidecar TT 1 - three laps

Practice session

Roads open 5pm (Mountain Road 6pm)

Tuesday, June 9

Roads close 11.30am (Mountain Road 11am)

12 midday: Relentless Supersport Junior TT 1 - four laps

3.45pm: TTXGP practice

6.30pm: Scottish Life International Superstock TT - four laps

Roads open 8.30pm (Mountain Road 9.30pm)

Wednesday, June 10

10.45am: Relentless Supersport Junior TT 2 - four laps

1.15pm: Sidecar TT 2 - three laps

TTXGP Practice

Friday, June 12

10.45am: TTXGP - one lap

1pm: Senior TT - six laps

(http://www.iomtoday.co.im/tt-info/TT-2009-race-and-practice.4873861.jp)

Is the Tuesday evening race a definite time. I thought the Red Arrows were on Tuesday evening. Will they be postponed! :(

Great decision to postpone until Monday.

No way anything would have gone ahead today with the terrible weather we have been experiencing all day

it's been absolutely terrible weather all day, just had to water the garden it's been so wet :lol:

Who was the prune who decided on this anyway, I suppose we can only blame ACU Events Ltd. in their wisdom, when all the flack hits the fan they just jump on the plane and dodge it all :(

I pity the spectators who have spent hard earned cash (in financially troubled times) to come here, and see absolutely nowt, and some of them will be on their way home again by tuesday. Are they likely to come back again ?, fat chance :(

The words Party and Brewery come to mind !

No way anything would have gone ahead today with the terrible weather we have been experiencing all day

On the plus side it meant everyone could enjoy Mad Sunday properly, by, erm, sitting in Ramsey as the mountain was shut for most of the day.

Still, at least the extended mountain road closure didn't lead to any accidents on the coast road.

Oh, hang on.

On the plus side it meant everyone could enjoy Mad Sunday properly, by, erm, sitting in Ramsey as the mountain was shut for most of the day.

Still, at least the extended mountain road closure didn't lead to any accidents on the coast road.

Oh, hang on.

Oh was it? I went cycling up the coast road thinking I'd avoid the bikes, and there were fekking loads. Wondered what was going on.

Edit, jeeb. We're paying for this shite:

The road was blocked at the Fairy Bridge for a couple of hours from approximately 9am and the road between the Hairpin and the Bungalow was closed for just over an hour from 9.15am, both because of accidents.

12.13pm - the section from the Hairpin to the Bungalow is once again closed. Emergency services say they are dealing with 'a couple' of accidents.

1.14pm - emergency services are dealing with a crash at Quarry Bends. Motorists are asked to avoid the area.

1.20pm - the Hairpin/Bungalow section of the Mountain Road reopens.

2.13pm - the Hairpin/Bungalow section closes again due to a crash.

2.16pm - the Bulgham Rocks/Coast Road closes following a crash.

2.54pm - police start re-opening the Mountain Road from the Hairpin to the Bungalow.

3.12pm - traffic stopped from travelling over the Mountain because of an accident.

3.38pm - the Mountain Road is reopened.

3.40pm - the road through Bulgham is reopened.

Oh, hang on.

Oh was it? I went cycling up the coast road thinking I'd avoid the bikes, and there were fekking loads. Wondered what was going on.

Mountain closed once early on, they got it cleared, another more serious smash just before noon, which led to a closure of around 3 hours.

Massive weight of extra bikes over the coast, smash just outside Laxey, which left the only route to and from Douglas as the little road over the top.

I was travelling back towards Ramsey this afternoon, bear in mind we've got two major road closures already due to RTAs, and I get overtaken by three bikes travelling at massive speed around a long blind left-hander on the wrong side of the road on the way towards the Glen Mona.

It's a wonder we don't lose a lot more people than we actually do......

They could only close the roads between 12.30 and 6pm (on a Sunday). There's no way they could have picked all the cones off the Mountain, had a six lap Superbike followed by a 3 lap sidecar, put all the cones back up on the Mountain and allowed for any delays in that time. I think they did the right thing.

I am being inconvenienced by the change but I'm not moaning.

The organisers decided not to have any racing today for two reasons:

1) The weather forecast that they had for today said that it would be wet. OK, they got it wrong. 'Backcasting' is always easier than 'forecasting'.

2) On Sundays, the roads can't be shut until 1:30pm and must be open again by 6pm. Even if everything went perfectly - all marshals were in place and there were no other issues - cars left on the course, oil on the road, etc, they wouldn't get one full race in let alone two.

It would be also be unlikely that they could get a full compliment of marshalls anyway - many would have other things planned for the day. Remember the hassle last time when the racing was on, then off, then maybe on again? The spectators, riders, marshals, and all the other support services need to know one way or another. Not hoping that the forecast would be wrong was probably the best decision.

Still, whatever they decided would be wrong for some people.

Edit, jeeb. We're paying for this shite:

Well that was a fucking stupid decision wasn't it. Are you an idiot or what?

They have had racing on the Sunday before with no problems.

Far be it for me to suggest they wanted the superbikes to be on on the day Rossi comes over......

So what if they did? It's a great idea and the sponsor is putting in a load of cash. Saves us paying for it.

And I don't think the other races have gone ahead with no problems. It sounds like a right hassle to organise, not least to round up enough marshals.

Archived