Revised Schedule

bluemonday

The Church! Typical.

They talk about learning lessons but they do it again and again and again and again. Then say it is unavoidable.

The government know that the period around five aroses strong emotions, yet they lose one day in week of fine weather and the only they can make work is one that messes everyone around. This is typically of how badly the Government have mismanaged the T.T. during the Brown years, it is as if they haven't had contingency plans. There are plenty of ways they could have dealt with this (racing on Sunday, earlier start on Tuesday) but poor management has scuppered these.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarah was being sarcastic Lee. Although she is being daft as well, nobody's suggesting that once the cremations had been scheduled that they should be cancelled to accommodate the rearranged races. But the error was made earlier by not having this time, or a longer period on Sunday available.

I was referring to Declan's idea that it was bad management that scuppered the early Tuesday, not the unfortunate deaths of people.

I'm having trouble working out why Tuesday is so long. I do think it's a good idea, however.

I was referring to Declan's idea that it was bad management that scuppered the early Tuesday, not the unfortunate deaths of people.

Creamations did not have to be scheduled at that time. But other options were available, holding races today, for example, scuppered by an arcane agreement with the church. OR even working within that bonkers deal they could have run one race today or even the TTXGP practice session.

I'm having trouble working out why Tuesday is so long. I do think it's a good idea, however.

is it because they are opening the crossing points at the time when people want to get home and racing around these times?? and ofcourse the battery specials have their practice to fit in too...

When they delay the races I think it is very poor that you can't actually find any reference to it on either what they claim is 'the official TT website' or the government website and have to rely on whatever is found on the local rag's pages.

Is it beyond them to inform the public and spectators in an organised manner by an announcement on the official event website ?

So is Rossi still going round 2moro or is it Tuesday and at what time.

Thanks

Monday.

The six-lap Superbike race is scheduled to get under way at 11am with Valentino Rossi garlanding the first three finishers at the TT Grandstand straight after the race.

The Italian superstar will then join compatriot and TT legend Giacomo Agostini for a parade lap before the start of the three-lap Sidecar race which is set to start at 2pm.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Revised-TT-...amme.5342233.jp

2pm, I thought it was gonna be at 11am before the racing, fook sake.

As regards Declan:-

other options were available, holding races today, for example, scuppered by an arcane agreement with the church. OR even working within that bonkers deal they could have run one race today or even the TTXGP practice session.

And Tempus Fugits:-

When they delay the races I think it is very poor that you can't actually find any reference to it on either what they claim is 'the official TT website' or the government website and have to rely on whatever is found on the local rag's pages.

Is it beyond them to inform the public and spectators in an organised manner by an announcement on the official event website ?

Yet again it shows the level of incompetence and mismanagement that continually burdens the TT.

I'm a frequent critic of the local media in particular iom today but in this case, they have performed well in actually providing some information.

As seems standard these days with the bunch of incompetent fuckwits here, the 6 Ps have yet again proved the point. Pick your favourite.

PPPPPPP Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

PPPPPPP Prior Planning & Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance

PPPPPPP Proper Prior Planning Prevents Pitiful Poor Performance

PPPPPPP Poor Prior Planning Produces Piss Poor Performance

PPPPPPP Proper Prior Planning Prevents Pathetically Poor Performance

It's almost as though there's a hidden agenda to destroy the TT by mismanagement.

Well that was a fucking stupid decision wasn't it. Are you an idiot or what?

Huh?

I think he is suggesting that taking a bicycle out on a road that was going to be packed with cars and visiting motorbikes regardless of whether the mountain road was open or closed probably wasn't the best idea.

I'm inclined to agree

I think he is suggesting that taking a bicycle out on a road that was going to be packed with cars and visiting motorbikes regardless of whether the mountain road was open or closed probably wasn't the best idea.

I'm inclined to agree

Oh. I did think hard about it, but figured if I stayed off the main roads I'd be ok. I had to jump on the laxey road for a bit, which was a bit hairy I admit, but other than that stuck with south and was fine.

Speaking of traffic carnage, I have a hospital appt on Tuesday pm. Does anyone know how long it takes to get up the access road?

Sarah.

Pully bridge 1118.

On Nobles roundabout by 1128.

Mind you was behind a cop car which sorted the middle of the road brigade on the access road.

Archived