Revised Schedule

bluemonday

Speaking of traffic carnage, I have a hospital appt on Tuesday pm. Does anyone know how long it takes to get up the access road?

Sarah.

Pully bridge 1128.

On Nobles roundabout by 1128.

Mind you was behind a cop car which sorted the middle of the road brigade on the access road.

1128 to 1128 ! warp 9 :lol:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of traffic carnage, I have a hospital appt on Tuesday pm. Does anyone know how long it takes to get up the access road?

Sarah.

Pully bridge 1128.

Mind you was behind a cop car which sorted the middle of the road brigade on the access road.

1128 to 1128 ! warp 9 :lol:

Lol. Missed that, I'll try again.

Sarah.

Pully bridge 1118.

Great decision to postpone until Monday.

No way anything would have gone ahead today with the terrible weather we have been experiencing all day

Quoted for truth!

Well, it's quite simple really. They can't run the whole Saturday programme on a Sunday because they are not allowed to interfere with church services. So that leaves them with three choices:

1 Just run one race.

2 Run two races but cut the number of laps.

3 Wait until Tuesday. This avoids ruining all the Mad Sunday events, and gives marchalls and everybody else plenty of time to get organised.

It was the best decision. In my humble opinion,of course.

S

They have had racing on the Sunday before with no problems.

Far be it for me to suggest they wanted the superbikes to be on on the day Rossi comes over......

But not a full programme. Just one race, or reduced laps.

S

Well, it's quite simple really. They can't run the whole Saturday programme on a Sunday because they are not allowed to interfere with church services. So that leaves them with three choices:

1 Just run one race.

3 Wait until Tuesday. This avoids ruining all the Mad Sunday events, and gives marchalls and everybody else plenty of time to get organised

S

4 interfere with church services.

5 close roads earlier on Tuesday

6 run a reduced programme on Tuesday

7 use Thursday

8 or next Saturday.

Surely after 102 years it is not beyond the wit of the Manx Government to cope with one day's rain in a fortnight.

R.

1 Just run one race.

3 Wait until Tuesday. This avoids ruining all the Mad Sunday events, and gives marchalls and everybody else plenty of time to get organised

S

5 close roads earlier on Tuesday

6 run a reduced programme on Tuesday

7 use Thursday

8 or next Saturday.

Surely after 102 years it is not beyond the wit of the Manx Government to cope with one day's rain in a fortnight.

R.

they have wit???

I really don't understand how it's ok to force businesses to close for the day, eg most of union mills, but you can't close a church?

god might smite them if his vicars can't fuck a choirboys on sunday mornings

I really don't understand how it's ok to force businesses to close for the day, eg most of union mills, but you can't close a church?

Careful, don't upset the church folk.... They'll be after you with a schooner of dry sherry, a limp cucumber sandwich, and a book of raffle tickets.

SOOO, sunday the weather was too bad, course not dry enough, 24 hours to dry properly for safety yada yada yada. hail and rain in kirk michael this morning!! according to the missus, but only a 30 minute delay!!?? how is it going to dry out in 30 mins today when saturdays rain needed 24 hours?? bit of bullshit me reckons.

SOOO, sunday the weather was too bad, course not dry enough, 24 hours to dry properly for safety yada yada yada. hail and rain in kirk michael this morning!! according to the missus, but only a 30 minute delay!!?? how is it going to dry out in 30 mins today when saturdays rain needed 24 hours??

bit of bullshit me reckons.

wow i didnt know bullshit was so versatile.

SOOO, sunday the weather was too bad, course not dry enough, 24 hours to dry properly for safety yada yada yada. hail and rain in kirk michael this morning!! according to the missus, but only a 30 minute delay!!?? how is it going to dry out in 30 mins today when saturdays rain needed 24 hours??

bit of bullshit me reckons.

wow i didnt know bullshit was so versatile.

it must be, the government use it on everything. ;)

So from what I just heard, racing starts at 12.45 and as a result there will be 'implications' for people trying to ge home from work today.

Is that right?

Archived