Ukip And The Bnp

So, VoR - freedom has a price does it? British nationals can be dumped the minute your pocket is in danger? What a cretin you are!

I also suggest that you read up on modern history, especially that relating to the South Atlantic/The Argentine in 1980-82. Then, perhaps, you wouldn't spout such garbage.

Yes freedom does have a price, but that is not financial.

It's not a case of "dumping" the Falkland Islanders. As I said bring them to Britain if they want to be British We have demonstrably shown that we have been prepared to sacrifice our young men for the sake of their "Britishness". How many more would you be prepared to sacrifice on shaky principles?

Personal insults do not add credibility to your argument.

Oh Dear, VoR - hiding your ignorance behind a smokescreen of unfounded accusations that I am insulting you! You do not have a sensible argument, that is your problem.

To follow your "logic", then anyone who wishes to be British must simply be immigrated to Britain - welcome a few million more Pakistanis, HK Chinese, etc., to an already over-populated country would you?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, VoR - freedom has a price does it? British nationals can be dumped the minute your pocket is in danger? What a cretin you are!

I also suggest that you read up on modern history, especially that relating to the South Atlantic/The Argentine in 1980-82. Then, perhaps, you wouldn't spout such garbage.

Yes freedom does have a price, but that is not financial.

It's not a case of "dumping" the Falkland Islanders. As I said bring them to Britain if they want to be British We have demonstrably shown that we have been prepared to sacrifice our young men for the sake of their "Britishness". How many more would you be prepared to sacrifice on shaky principles?

Personal insults do not add credibility to your argument.

Oh Dear, VoR - hiding your ignorance behind a smokescreen of unfounded accusations that I am insulting you! You do not have a sensible argument, that is your problem.

To follow your "logic", then anyone who wishes to be British must simply be immigrated to Britain - welcome a few million more Pakistanis, HK Chinese, etc., to an already over-populated country would you?

So to call someone a "cretin" is not an insult?. What a strange world you live in EG. I believe my accusation of being insulted to be totally founded.

That apart I believe it is you to be hiding behind a smokescreen, one of bluster. You rightly describe the Falkland Islanders as British Nationals then start talking about Chinese etc wanting to live here.

I note that you have chosen not to answer my question.

VoR - I did not insult you by calling you a cretin. That was merely stating a fact (see OED definitions).

"totally founded"? Surely you mean "well founded"? Seems it's not just modern history you need to bone up on.

Your abysmal lack of knowledge of modern history is revealed again in your further comments. You should recall that millions of HK Chinese, Pakistanis, etc. from the ex-Empire countries claim British Citizenship and various new classes of such citizenship had to be invented to keep them out of Britain.

As to your comment that I did not answer your question - I did not answer because it was an improper question in that it presumed that I would sacrifice anyone for "shaky principles". If anyone is handing out the unfounded insults, it is you.

VoR - I did not insult you by calling you a cretin. That was merely stating a fact .

Is that really the best you can do?

That's the sort of riposte you might expect from a 14 year old smartarse in the playground.

You'll have to seriously improve your debating skills better if you really expect me to enter into a grown up discussion with you.

Yes what I wrote does seem patronising. I think what I meant (the wine is affecting what I write!) was that some decisions by politicians are complicated for them (that's why they have advisers to advice on all the technical financial, technological, etc. bullshit). Decisions about use of stem cells isn't just a simple yes or no debate but one involving a knowledge (or advisers with the knowledge) of all aspects of the subject. Expecting each individual person in a country to do the same would be difficult. Of course other decisions are not so complex (i.e. 'shall we build a new bus stop in x town') yet so many people would be disinterested in such a debate that they may waste their vote, not bother voting, etc. Need more wine.

It would be difficult, but not impossible. I think one of the biggest stumbling blocks in current society is that education is so geared towards preparing people for the workplace and not fostering their true talents and desires that people have a limited education. And so many are naturally detached from the politics as handled by politicians.

People should be able to participate in decisionmaking if they are interested in being involved in those decisions that affect their lives.

I think one of the biggest stumbling blocks in current society is that education is so geared towards preparing people for the workplace and not fostering their true talents and desires that people have a limited education

Go on, you'll have to explain this one to me

I think one of the biggest stumbling blocks in current society is that education is so geared towards preparing people for the workplace and not fostering their true talents and desires that people have a limited education

Go on, you'll have to explain this one to me

You're so rude sometimes.

Well...education is heavily directed towards meeting the needs of the workplace. Schooling isn't an exercise in expanding minds and really letting people be creative. It is too restrictive for that for that to be possible.

VoR - I did not insult you by calling you a cretin. That was merely stating a fact .

Is that really the best you can do?

That's the sort of riposte you might expect from a 14 year old smartarse in the playground.

You'll have to seriously improve your debating skills better if you really expect me to enter into a grown up discussion with you.

And you, VoR, will have to improve yours if you wish to succesfully conceal the fact that you and your views have been comprehensively rubbished. BTW - on your proficiency in English, "improve your debating skills better"?????

Well...education is heavily directed towards meeting the needs of the workplace. Schooling isn't an exercise in expanding minds and really letting people be creative. It is too restrictive for that for that to be possible.

I still don't get what you're saying here. I've worked in the Education sector for 15 years now and what you're saying is complete and utter bollocks. When was the last time you were in a Primary or Secondary School?

I still don't get what you're saying here. I've worked in the Education sector for 15 years now and what you're saying is complete and utter bollocks. When was the last time you were in a Primary or Secondary School?

You disagree then?

Maybe it is, though I have a strong impression that the education given to people throughout Primary and Secondary is directed by government via a curriculum and not directed by the pupils. Am I wrong?

Ok, what do you think the main purpose of education (primary, secondary, university) is in our society?

At the risk of inducing catatonia in Keyboarder I'll have a go.

LDV - Education is about destroying imagination and creativity, and forcing children into the drudgery of capitalist exploitation.

Teacher - we wish children to gain the skills to enable them to be able to contribute to society. It is impossible for the curiculum to provide everything a child requires, the emphasis has to be on giving the child the skills so they can provide for themselves. They are taught the basic skills of literacy, and numeracy and then exposed to the sciences, humanities and arts to give them the basic knowlegde so that they can then know how to further increase their knowledge in areas important to them. Creativity and imagination are seen as vital skills and these are encouraged in such areas as creative writing, literature, art, design and science - especially in younger children play is seen as a vital creative tool. Practical hands on learning is encouraged over rote learning as this is better able to give the children the ability to apply their learning beyond the classroom. etc etc.

Which parts of my simplified scheme do you wish to do away with LDV - and which parts of it oppress?

Edit: please note I skived off all my spelling and punctuation classes - make fun of this as you wish!

At the risk of inducing catatonia in Keyboarder I'll have a go.

LDV - Education is about destroying imagination and creativity, and forcing children into the drudgery of capitalist exploitation.

Teacher - we wish children to gain the skills to enable them to be able to contribute to society It is impossible for the curiculum to provide everything a child requires, the emphasis has to be on giving the child the skills so they can provide for themselves. They are taught the basic skills of literacy, and numeracy and then exposed to the sciences, humanities and arts to give them the basic knowlegde so that they can then know how to further increase their knowledge in areas important to them. Creativity and imagination are seen as vital skills and these are encouraged in such areas as creative writing, literature, art, design and science - especially in younger children play is seen as a vital creative tool. Practical hands on learning is encouraged over rote learning as this is better able to give the children the ability to apply their learning beyond the classroom. etc etc.

Which parts of my simplified scheme do you wish to do away with LDV - and which parts of it oppress?

But from what I see in many aspects of schooling, they are not given much control over managing their own education, i.e. what they learn and how they learn it for example. The current method in which education is enforced would appear to stifle creativity.

Archived