The Crocodile Smile

Sebrof

Why would someone repay £30,000 if they had no need to as it was all above board ? Proffit in private had said that he knew too much about Tynwald for this to ever run !

Another one gets by unscathed !! Whats next ?

LOL

The harm to the Island from the publicity that would have been caused by such a court case would be immeasurable.

I think it is high time that we all drew a line under the MEA £millions.

Lets move on please.

There, that feels beter doesn't it.

That won't happen though.

I have come across and seen first hand some serious dodgy matters from senior members of our society and establishment. They wouldn't get away with it in any other country. At the end of the day they look after their own.

However as one said, words to the effect of: "If I go down the whole pack of cards go down...."

United they stand.

It's hardly surprising. After the Mount Murray enquiry had found that a certain minister had misled Tynwald the response of the then CM was to whine about how much the enquiry had cost rather then actually doing something about the failings in his administration.

It looked to me as though Proffitt & Co were completely out of control and it's easy to see now how they could behave with impunity. Pathetic.

Look, I'm as guilty as the next man in doing nothing but why do we repeatedly put up with such transparent corruption ? MEA, the ex-CM, Mount Murray and fuck knows what else ?

Are we, collectively, *that* much of a pushover ? ...

...GOMH*...

However much we do not like it the Isle of Man is still run by the good old boys club backed by lawyers and judges it really is a circle of the leather chairs.

Archived