Police Expect Serious Traffic Congestion

kevster

I got the train home today. Leave work, do a bit of shopping, stroll along a recently gentrified area (hasn't that part of town come into it's own this summer), bought a coffee and something to read. There were even a couple of surly looking youths in tracksuits scowling on the platform as we pulled out. It was ace, just like being in London. (Well obviously not today). The lads from banter should get down there and hand out their mags to commuters to complete the London effect.

Anyway, alongside the track just outside Douglas Station there is a piece of grafitti that in 2ft letters reads "ANS 4 LIFE". What can it mean?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm wondering about people going South from Kewaigue. I'm not sure they'd get off the roundabout if everyone was using it to go West and South from Anagh Coar way.

An excellent point. When I got there at 5:30 the road down to Anagh Cooar and QBridge was already backed up, and I suspect the roundabout may have been impassable a bit later. So the housing estate route might have been cleverer than it looked.

S

but as said before, there's only 2 routes which would get you out the other end, and about 16 culdesacs, and no signs to guide the folk who don't know the area

RESULT :D

today there's a follow-up diversion sign pointing into Stevenson Way, and another at the roundabout at the other end sending you back up to the Cooil !

I'm not saying I get bored, I actually don't. What I'm referring to iks that when my boy gets older and we have more children there doesn't seem to be a great deal to do as a family...all I ever seem to hear from people is go for walks....which we do but you can only go on so many walks before you need to do something else...with regard to the governement, I do think that they don't really encourage anyone to create activity places for people with young children or even replace things that shut down ie. the superbowl thing at the castlemona.....doing the same thing over and over agin becomes like groundhog day

Gah, you've no idea. Absolutely no idea.

I tried out geocaching today to see what the fuss is about.

Great fun! A nice healthy stomp in the countryside with some healthy bickering with the mrs about directions.

With a bit of rain.

Think I shall do some more of that. If I have time.

.......there doesn't seem to be a great deal to do as a family...

OK then go on then I am listening....what do you want?

And be realistic given a comparable population size to that in the UK.....

Not 100% sure really, I guess I'm just discontented and really looking forward to going back to the UK....plus having a 7 month old baby who's bedtime is at 6.30 and I don't wish to abandon my family and do my own thing doesn't really leave a lot of time at the mo.....so I guess I'm feeling quite frustrated.....I don't mean to be disrespectful to the island as it has been my home for 22 years but I miss England and my family.

Not 100% sure really, I guess I'm just discontented and really looking forward to going back to the UK....plus having a 7 month old baby who's bedtime is at 6.30 and I don't wish to abandon my family and do my own thing doesn't really leave a lot of time at the mo.....so I guess I'm feeling quite frustrated.....I don't mean to be disrespectful to the island as it has been my home for 22 years but I miss England and my family.

You sound very confused Matt. I've lived in various parts of England - city and village life. I only got burgled the once Everything nicked. Oh, and mugged as well. And I had to stay in most nights as I had to pay loads of council tax and insurance so couldn't afford to do to much.

However, on the positive side I was near a Starbucks and could pick up a tchai latte whenever. Brill!!

You sound very confused Matt. I've lived in various parts of England - city and village life. I only got burgled the once Everything nicked. Oh, and mugged as well. And I had to stay in most nights as I had to pay loads of council tax and insurance so couldn't afford to do to much.

However, on the positive side I was near a Starbucks and could pick up a tchai latte whenever. Brill!!

I have loads of friends and family who live across the whole of England, some have lived there all their life..only know one person who has been burgled and most of my friends and family love it over there.........we miss our friends who have left the island too.....

Anyhow I guess we're just not happy here anymore so I'll end my rants and any more talk about what's here and what's not, I feel very defeated.

Archived