[BBC News] Three charged over cannabis find

Newsbot

im not putting a list of names up here manxy .. over 30 years ive seen all kinds of dead wood join the police service .. get a uniform on their backs and start treating it as the police force .. bellends each and every one of them .. not a snowballs chance in hells fires that they could command 30/40k plus a year anywhere else..

Where do we all sign up? I think your figures are well out.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I said you need to get things in perspective. I deliberately said that the Autschwiz analogyy is not appropriate.

But the argument you are making is that the police ARE just doing their job, i.e. it is the laws that dictate what is done. Another analogy might be the job of the British soldier. Does he do a good job? Do you evaluate it on how well he performs the job or what his job entails, i.e. his purpose and role?

you have a force comprising ex trade counter assistants / petrol pump attendants / co-op counter assistants etc .. they never would have been employed in those menial jobs prior to the force if they had a fuukin clue..

Really? I thought it was rather difficult to become a police officer.

aye ask deputy chief constable gary roberts about his academic achievements then .. deputy chief constable its a fuukin bad joke..

and what about charlies son working the petrol pumps in ramsey until his employment and consequent fast track up the greasy pole in the force .. which included crashing his car whilst drunk into a garden wall and rolling it on its roof as a constable .. punishment token fine and ban .. also a neat little promotion to station sargent no driving licence required and a nice 4k pay rise .. it would be funny if it was elsewhere but it isnt.

i bet you kerruish is right up the top of the pecking order now .. bit of an improvement from filling ladies cars with petrol eh..

Charlies son ?? Which Petrol station ? Which wall ? Which station ? When did all this happen ?

im not putting a list of names up here manxy .. over 30 years ive seen all kinds of dead wood join the police service .. get a uniform on their backs and start treating it as the police force .. bellends each and every one of them .. not a snowballs chance in hells fires that they could command 30/40k plus a year anywhere else..

Where do we all sign up? I think your figures are well out.

As stated before, I think that they do a good job and I very much doubt it's stress free as the job is totally unpredictable due to not knowing whats around the corner or responding to an incident. I would imagine that their starting pay would be under 20k and would rise depending on length of service or promotion as like other jobs.

What the Police do link

I don't begrudge them their pay providing they keep themselves as law abiding people and I understand the vacancies are open to anyone providing the meet certain criteria. I still do not know as to why you claim that every Police person is a 'bellend' and why FORCE is a key word, as one would think that your aggressive stance towards the Police may have had something to do with a personal problem between you and them and they have been forceful against you?

If they have overstepped the mark, then the link below might be able to help you

Police Complaints link

I for one, value the Police and class them as one of the essential services like the Fire and Hospital and hope that they would respond to an incident if needed.

I realise that this may not be a popular admission to some for their own reasons, but it's my opinion.

ps, For those who disliked the colour purple, I've changed to blue and if you don't like it....don't look or wear sunglasses next time..heehee :cool:

As I said you need to get things in perspective. I deliberately said that the Autschwiz analogyy is not appropriate.

But the argument you are making is that the police ARE just doing their job, i.e. it is the laws that dictate what is done. Another analogy might be the job of the British soldier. Does he do a good job? Do you evaluate it on how well he performs the job or what his job entails, i.e. his purpose and role?

you have a force comprising ex trade counter assistants / petrol pump attendants / co-op counter assistants etc .. they never would have been employed in those menial jobs prior to the force if they had a fuukin clue..

aye ask deputy chief constable gary roberts about his academic achievements then .. deputy chief constable its a fuukin bad joke..

and what about charlies son working the petrol pumps in ramsey until his employment and consequent fast track up the greasy pole in the force .. which included crashing his car whilst drunk into a garden wall and rolling it on its roof as a constable .. punishment token fine and ban .. also a neat little promotion to station sargent no driving licence required and a nice 4k pay rise .. it would be funny if it was elsewhere but it isnt.

i bet you kerruish is right up the top of the pecking order now .. bit of an improvement from filling ladies cars with petrol eh..

Charlies son ?? Which Petrol station ? Which wall ? Which station ? When did all this happen ?

if you had been here longer you would already know.

constable manxy any force that is so easy for idiots already identified to be fast tracked to the top isnt worth a carrot .. and your having a laff about the 20k .. you have probably got a link to where they get 20k whilst undergoing basic training or something .. but people here and many more know basic government figures are a crock of shite and are the lowest possible examples excluding all extras.

customer satisfaction/spin is what policing today is all about and its refreshing to see all the money diverted to that area of modern policing is not completely wasted .. im sure you look forward to your next local constabulary newsletter with relish..

constable manxy any force that is so easy for idiots already identified to be fast tracked to the top isnt worth a carrot .. and your having a laff about the 20k .. you have probably got a link to where they get 20k whilst undergoing basic training or something .. but people here and many more know basic government figures are a crock of shite and are the lowest possible examples excluding all extras.

customer satisfaction/spin is what policing today is all about and its refreshing to see all the money diverted to that area of modern policing is not completely wasted .. im sure you look forward to your next local constabulary newsletter with relish..

Mr Manxman, I'm afraid that I do not work or associate with the Police and therefore your attempt to make fun of me in this instance does not apply. I've obviously hit a nerve with you and the Police and therefore will back away as it wasn't my intention to create ill feeling.

The reason why I have gone on their side (so to speak) is because they're at a huge disadvantage with people calling them names without giving a good reason as to why that is. I've said before that I can understand parts of LDV's viewpoints (although I can't grasp certain areas) but yours is different and appears to be spiteful and resentful.

I will agree however, that the incident that you've mentioned regards the Policeman retaining his job whilst being drunk appears unfair and wrong in my eyes, as everyone including Police, Advocates, MHK's and other persons, should all face the same judgment as required by laws set down which we may or may not like, but they're still the law. People in certain positions however, should not be exempt from this as this will otherwise create an unfair system which will result in complications as seen recently by some unusual expense accounting by MP's in the UK.

Please note that I'm not aware of the facts and therefore cannot give a better reply, but if they are the basics, I do agree that a promotion and pay increase seems pretty unjust to others who follow the Code of Conduct and I can see why you dislike certain areas within the Police.

So Mr Manxman, as stated earlier, it wasn't my intention to create ill feeling, but I do believe the majority of Police do a good job as like other professions and although I can see where you're coming from with certain parts of your explanation regards that person and also to his decision-makers, I also hope that you can see it from my point of view as well, that I do not see the majority as being bad eggs.

Lived here 37 years mate , enlighten me please manxman 2.

Archived