Meat Shortages (bbq)

johnquayleiom

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed the pictures. Looked a bit too fresh, not quite as nice as the rib-eye steak I bought for £7.45 a pound yesterday and am enjoying today. No doubt I could have got it a bit cheaper if I'd bought a whole one, but I only wanted one steak, and I wanted to show the butcher exactly how thick I wanted him to cut it. Another advantage of living in the IoM and shopping local is that I know the money goes right back into the local economy, and that minimum food miles are involved.

I could easily import Irish / english / argentinian meats, but I choose not to. this option would give me greater flexibility and also consistency of quality.

I dont trust the meat plant so it makes me question my loyalty to them in the future.

So why don't you import? Surely your customers value consistency of quality? Especially if you don't trust the meat plant

I am seriously considering doing so - there is a licensing process to go thorugh etc, but at the end of the day I am a manx butcher and would prefer to serve manx meat as it supports the whole agricultural sector on the Island. But if they dont want to help me I will seriously consider how I operate - Just like Marks and spencers appear to have done.

And we all know why the plant is working the way it is,

complain like buggery, time that so called manager was replaced

what does "we all know why the plant is working the way it is" mean to the lay man - could i end up getting cheaper meat thats imported in thue future - just been away and went to one of those argentinian steak houses which was really good - best steak I have ever eaten. Can you get argentinian steaks over here? if so where?

Archived